Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lads, first time poster and 50 years West Ham fan . Just wanted to clarify (from experience of watching Moyes thru our European games).......what he will do on Sunday against Leeds. Take it from me, regardless of the result on Thursday night v AZ, he will play an extremely strong team v Leeds. If not his absolute strongest. It will be nothing like the one v Brentford. .....And to add to this, also a bit of positivity that you will not know about. The last home game of EVERY West Ham season is seen as a celebration, a big event ....so much so that in our last 24 (last home games of the season)...we have only ever lost 3. And just to point out that since Leeds got promoted to the PL , West Ham have really had their number.....Only losing once home or away. They are a team we really like to play....and the Allardyce style will actually help us, we also hate Allardyce too. But essentially the team picked will be very, very strong.....what I can't account for is the teams state of mind after Thurs......A win on Thurs will make Sunday a big celebration......and Leeds won't handle that. So, all the best and don't worry, we will try. Moyes does still like and admire Everton. And just to add, Moyes biggest success this season at WHU has been beating teams in and around us. His record in such games is excellent. Cheers all...and thanks for reading.
Nice one, cheers for posting. And best of luck for all four remaining games, win all four and we'll all be happy!

If Leeds draw and then win by a goal and we lose and win - both by a goal, then I’m afraid they finish above us.
Yes.

But Leeds are team that have drawn 2 and won none of their last 7 games. 2 points from 21 available.

That's not to say they dont manage 4 points from the last 6, but I dont think it's likely.

I do think we finish above Leeds, but I feel even more confident of finishing above Forest. They are seriously overestimated atm. I can see Arsenal beating them handily on Saturday to reinforce their credentials as City's closest challeneger. They are defo wounded right now. And I wouldn't fancy visiting Palace - only beaten once at home since the second week of January (by City 1-0). Palace will be badly wanting to sign off with a winning performance.

For me, the most likely route to nsafety for us is Forset being beaten in the final two games and us drawing twice. Leeds may or not be able to pass us. I doubt they will pass us though.

Three point is what we'll need, two points may be enough.

I can see why the odds on us being relegated right now are 27%.

Does anyone honestly think that Leeds or Leicester aren't going to get at least 33 points this season?

We beat an in form Brighton side 5-1 out of nowhere. Anything can happen. Leicester still have goals in them, although they looked poor yesterday.

Ideally we need to get 4 more points this season to be safe. Banking on anything less is madness

Does anyone honestly think that Leeds or Leicester aren't going to get at least 33 points this season?

We beat an in form Brighton side 5-1 out of nowhere. Anything can happen. Leicester still have goals in them, although they looked poor yesterday.

Ideally we need to get 4 more points this season to be safe. Banking on anything less is madness
Think Leeds is more likely to get to 33 points.

Think Leicester are dead. There’s a lot going wrong for them. Haven’t kept a clean sheet since mid-November

The reality is that both of them play much better teams than they are. So them not getting a point, never mind 1 or 2 more points, is the most likely outcome.

Same with us and Forest.

I still believe there's a strong chance that there will not be another point for any of us down there. And if there are more points they';ll be draws rather than wins. Any team that gets a win from their last two games - certainly Leeds, Everton or Forest - will more than likely stay up.

I don't think its crazy to think they we will lose all their games...

It would be a surrreal but very nice feeling if it transpired we don't have to beat Bournemouth.

But I'm really not expecting that to be the case.

Practically since they embarrassed us in November the season has been narrowing down to the final game by way of fate.

I'm looking for four points in these two games, it might be much easier on the nerves if three of those came our way on Saturday.

From what I've read Leicester might have their own P&S worries. The sale of Maddison might not be enough to keep the wolf from the fox
Leicester imo are the ones in serious trouble if they go down, financially and football wise. Even worse than us.

Maddison and Barnes are the two they can sell to try to make up the relegation shortfall, but those two might not get them there let alone given them a budget for incomings. Letting Tielemans go for nothing is criminal.

Beyond that, several players are departing for nothing and not much of the rest of the squad will have particularly high value, either because of their wages, or having one year left, or just by being bad players. So they will likely have the better end of their squad departing with a poor set of backups, and likely will not take in much money to rebuild with once they've covered the loss of revenue of relegation. Of the teams that will or could go down they are the ones I think will end up fielding the weakest side in the championship.

As poor as us, Leeds or Southampton are, I think all three have got enough sellable assets to cope. All three have a spread of decent quality players and decent potential youngsters to cash in on and / or make up a championship squad. Leicester though are in big trouble.

Gut feeling is that Nottingham Forest will still go down on goal difference with Leicester and Southampton.

I think we'll get 4pts and Leeds have a nice set of fixtures and situation with West Ham and the Europe and Spurs who are always flaky.

Gut feeling is that Nottingham Forest will still go down on goal difference with Leicester and Southampton.

I think we'll get 4pts and Leeds have a nice set of fixtures and situation with West Ham and the Europe and Spurs who are always flaky.
I still think Leeds have more than a fighting chance but think it would be at our expense rather than Forests.

Their fixtures are ok as are ours, still though if needing a result to stay up, particularly a win, I'd rather not be seeing Harry Kane in the opposition XI.

Spurs are flaky, but they do have goals in them and only Haaland is better than Kane in that department.

The reality is that both of them play much better teams than they are. So them not getting a point, never mind 1 or 2 more points, is the most likely outcome.

Same with us and Forest.

I still believe there's a strong chance that there will not be another point for any of us down there. And if there are more points they';ll be draws rather than wins. Any team that gets a win from their last two games - certainly Leeds, Everton or Forest - will more than likely stay up.
Wouldn't be surprised if Leeds do Spurs to be honest, they've been awful recently, especially away from home.
Shame that wasn't an away game, as could be Kane's final game for them.

You would expect Arsenal could give Forest a proper hiding after blowing there league chances.

Leicester, you just never know.
Hopefully a Newcastle night game just does any belief left in for them.

Still we got to forget about possibilities elsewhere as a team and just do it ourselves. 🙏

Fans going to Wolves game, sing like you've never sung b4 and carry the lads over the line if you have too

For the masochists amongst us, here's a bit of *fun*: What's the most nerve-wracking end of the season imaginable at this stage?

I think something like this:

Leicester down and Forrest discounted for simplification.

Everton lose 1-0 to Wolves.
Leeds pick up an unlikely point away to Newcastle.

Points all square going in to the final game, Everton on -25 GD, Leeds on -24.

Final games: Deep in to 2nd half added time, Everton are 1-0 down, Leeds are 2-0 down. As it stands, points and GD are the same but Leeds are set to stay up on goals scored

Full time at Goodison Park. If it stays the same in the Leeds match, we're toast.

The Leeds game has an additional 10 minutes of added time due to injuries in the game. In the very last seconds of the match, Spurs score a third goal to make it 3-0. But VAR intervenes. It looks like the Spurs goalscorer could be offside. The VAR check takes several minutes and it looks likely that the goal will be ruled out. But, the VAR check ends and the goal stands! Leeds are going down unless they can force a goal!

Leeds sprint to restart the game and earn a corner. The ref has his whistle at his lips. The corner comes in, Leeds smash the underside of the crossbar, the ball bounces down behind the keeper, Leeds players celebrate! Goal given!

BUT! Another VAR check! We get the full works - every conceivable angle, lines drawn - the lot. Arguments can be made for and against the goal. VAR advises the referee to review! After several minutes, the referee has made his decision, walks back to the pitch and signals..........

.....no goal! Then blows his final whistle.

Everton stay up on goal difference by one goal.

I hope you enjoyed this prophetic glimpse of a possible future.

For the masochists amongst us, here's a bit of *fun*: What's the most nerve-wracking end of the season imaginable at this stage?

Final games: Deep in to 2nd half added time, Everton are 1-0 down, Leeds are 2-0 down. As it stands, points and GD are the same but Leeds are set to stay up on goals scored

Full time at Goodison Park. If it stays the same in the Leeds match, we're toast.

The Leeds game has an additional 10 minutes of added time due to injuries in the game. In the very last seconds of the match, Spurs score a third goal to make it 3-0. But VAR intervenes. It looks like the Spurs goalscorer could be offside. The VAR check takes several minutes and it looks likely that the goal will be ruled out. But, the VAR check ends and the goal stands! Leeds are going down unless they can force a goal!

Leeds sprint to restart the game and earn a corner. The ref has his whistle at his lips. The corner comes in, Leeds smash the underside of the crossbar, the ball bounces down behind the keeper, Leeds players celebrate! Goal given!

BUT! Another VAR check! We get the full works - every conceivable angle, lines drawn - the lot. Arguments can be made for and against the goal. VAR advises the referee to review! After several minutes, the referee has made his decision, walks back to the pitch and signals..........

Do NOT let @matty1878 read this

Pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.