Relegation 23/24 Thread

I didn't know they'd been talking about our points deductions.You'd have thought they'd be on our side since that season when they started on minus 30 and made a massive national appeal to stop teams being given points deductions.
Turns out I'm alright jack. Shameful.
Everyone who contributed to Luton's -30 appeal should be refunded then, yes? Because now they're top diviision and Snouty McTrough has had a bag of money waved in his face so it's all a different story.
Yeah mate Gary Sweet the Luton CEO been giving it the large one....I took great pleasure in presenting him with an email.

Here are the permutations

Burnley have to beat Man utd away otherwise they can't finish above us.

If Luton lose or draw and Everton win we are safe

If Forrest lose and Everton win we are safe.

If Everton Draw than we can't be mathematically safe but if Luton lost it would become 9 points with 3 to play, so they would need a huge huge swing in goal difference

Even if we lost it would only be a an awful weekend if two or all win won.
As even if we lost and only Forrest or Luton win then the other two would have to win every match and Everton would have to lose every game to be relegated.

Screenshot_2024-04-27-07-15-01-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12 (1).jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-27-07-16-31-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12 (1).jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-27-07-16-31-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12 (2).jpg

Desperate for Luton to stay up as next season is going to be horrible for us.

We need to find money to buy a winger in the summer, we need to find money to pay for Beto and Chermiti, and that's just for starters.

Leicester starting on minus points and Luton staying up will give us a great opportunity of staying up. Forest are crap too obviously, but I think Luton are worse and very likely won't improve their squad much in the summer.

Let's have Ipswich and West Brom joining Leicester too please.

We need to find money to buy a winger in the summer, we need to find money to pay for Beto and Chermiti, and that's just for starters.

Leicester starting on minus points and Luton staying up will give us a great opportunity of staying up. Forest are crap too obviously, but I think Luton are worse and very likely won't improve their squad much in the summer.

We'll sell Onana. Let's face it, he's going to be a dominant midfielder but not in two years time. That's 50-60. We'll continue to bypass the midfield and get a couple of code name Gattusos there. Voila & spick und span.

We'll be ok.

If the last two seasons are anything to go by, we will go for players at relegated teams to buy, im half looking at their squads, Diaz, Odobert, Elanga. Murilo, Barkley, Adebayo, Wood, Ogbenne, Brownhill. Gibbs White is surely beyond us.

I think there’s far more chance we stay up than go down right now

It’s in our own hands and it could all be official this time tomorrow

However, it’s hasn’t happened yet and I don’t think we should take our eyes off the prize yet

I’d say the same if we were the other end of the table fighting for Europe
99.99% we are staying up.. even 1 more draw for us means that Luton will have to win 3 and draw another of their 4 remaining games while having us not get another point.. I'm confident it will be put to bed this weekend.
Safe with 3 games to go after a deduction would be great and Dyche will have earned more time.

Why are you scared of Leeds? Just got bummed by Queens Park Rangers, Summerville will be leaving. Are we now forgetting that Sheff Utd, Burnley and Luton were also all good enough to win lots of points and get promoted from the Championship?