Relegation 23/24 Thread

Also, while we’ll all believe it when we see it, there’s also the possibility of the City case coming to a head. Based on the scale of the single breach punishments if City are guilty of years of systematic fraud I don’t see how the punishment is less than expulsion, or a points deduction so big it’s effectively relegation.
How anyone can think City are going to get punished is beyond me.. bookmark me.. when they introduce the new rules everyone will start on a clean slate..

How anyone can think City are going to get punished is beyond me.. bookmark me.. when they introduce the new rules everyone will start on a clean slate..
See I don't follow this train of thought. IF they are guilty he big, establishment clubs will want them hammered for cheating them out of titles and places, I don't think they will see anything less than relegation as sufficient, they'll want the whole thing they've built dismantled. The medium size clubs would see it as an extra Euro spot to contend for, the bottom teams would see it as potentially one less relegation slot.

Other than City themselves who *wouldn't* want City hammered either with straight relegation or enough points to effectively be the same? Maybe TV but they'd likely be gone for one season, and Sky have the rights to the EFL too....