Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that went well, we sure showed em

I don’t know why everyone was so confident we would win just because “the atmosphere.” For the last two seasons the fans have turned up to greet the coach and push the players on but they can only do so much, it’s the players who have took four points from seven home games, from a very, very favourable fixture list. We have scored 5 at Goodison in 7, and 3 of them were in one game.

To be honest, I think people have been blinded by the last three games were we played well, forgetting the same turnips lost at home to Wolves, Fulham and Luton.

The irony is we always used to be amazing at home and insipid away..

It's like someone's used a monkey's paw.
Been like this since Carlo. We were incredible on the road under him, and pretty useless at home. Goodison's revenge since she knew we were abandoning her for the docks.

I think it's going to be another horrible season.

Will take a monumental effort to firstly get to 17th and then try to pull away a bit if we don't get points back.

It will go all the way again, which is absolutely soul destroying after it looked like we had put that behind us 2 weeks ago. It can't help but feel like that for the players too.

8 points to 16th is massive. Mini league of 3 from 4 teams this year amd somehow we are in it again.

The referee's are very concerning now.

That was atrocious today and utterly bent as far as I was concerned.
Really? Didn’t think it was that bad of all. Couple of contentious decisions but nothing alarming.

I’m more concerned about how our manager cannot see what a liability young is.

Regardless of points deductions, corruption, appeals, xG, lack of any good backup options....

5 defeats out of the first 7 games at Goodison simply isn't good enough whatever the circumstances.

Today's performance was good. You had the once a season wonder goal right at the start which understandably knocked them but was a superb effort from 20th minute up to the ridiculous penalty overturn.

Too many of these nearly home games though when chances that are harder to miss are missed. Not sure what's going on really when the regular 11 is a decent scoring threat away from home as it's consistently shown since the Sheffield United game.

Desperately need to win one of the next two home games imo otherwise the pressure will really pile on to keep winning away and that will get more difficult as the season goes on.

Forest is certainly a must win next week anyway. Lose that and they go 12 points clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.