Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha ok mate, we'll ignore the 6wins out of 9 prior to the United game.

Luton having scraped their 2nd victory of the season, are now superior to us, you're completely right.
I am...players have given up despite the soundbytes and Dyche is tactically inept, in addition to us still have to play the top teams and that is a recipe for relegation.

Very little quality in the squad. Two slow, weak wingers, and no creativity through the middle. A bang average centre forward.

Obviously we had to sell Iwobi and Gray but was very disappointing we couldn’t bring a loan player in with a bit of unpredictability. The year long hard on we had for both Danjuma and Beto looks very odd.

Because you know I'm right...Villa Liverpool Arsenal United...how many points did we pick up...

Zero...

How many home games...Three...
No mate you're anything but.

I've just seen your comment on another topic saying you wanted the Manager sacked, so we'll leave it there.

Once again it was poor finishing that did for us yesterday. Garnacho's goal may have stunned everyone but we had enough opportunities to go in at half time level at least. Once the penalty went in we were chasing the game and the inevitable happened. It's done, move on and hope that Seamus is back for Forest.

Once again it was poor finishing that did for us yesterday. Garnacho's goal may have stunned everyone but we had enough opportunities to go in at half time level at least. Once the penalty went in we were chasing the game and the inevitable happened. It's done, move on and hope that Seamus is back for Forest.
If that’s our best hope, well it’s true what they say that it kills you.

Kill me now.

Incredibly clear that xGs will not save us this season, we need something more tangible like Gs.

Just seem to be better picking moments away from home. Look at the Palace game, good performance but not like it was anywhere dominant. Just scored right at the start of the game, start of second half and then right at the end when Palace were far more likely to score. Similar at Brenford although that was a more controlled performance back to front.

There's no magic formula, go in the lead early at Goodison and points are far more likely as seen v Bournemouth and Brighton.

Yesterday there was a fluke element given going straight down to the goal of the season pretty much as soon as the game kicked off.

People underestimate the chances of Luton getting some good points between here and New Year. Sure, we'll assume they get nothing from Arsenal and City, but Brentford, Sheffield United and Burnley represent a nine-point opportunity. You wouldn't expect them to get anything like nine points, of course, but seven is not beyond the pale (even if it is unlikely). If they do manage, say, 5-7 points in those six games, we need to be matching that - at least - in our run of matches (Forest, Newcastle, Chelsea, Burnley, Spurs, and City). I wouldn't back us to - but a win at Forest would go a long way to assuaging our concerns.

Nightmare scenario is we get, say, 3 points from these next six and Luton pick up 7 or more. We could find ourselves 10 points from safety going into the Wolves match on the 30th. A panic spiral becomes inevitable then - especially as referees and other sides start to get the stench of death off us...

Luton already played Burnley at home and lost. They play them at Turf Moor in Mid Jan. Actually over the xmas period Luton have a chance, have Bournemouth and Sheffield united away and Newcastle and Chelsea at home. If they can draw with RS at home they can get points out of one of those home games.

Actually looking at Burnley and they have all of Sheffield United, Everton and Luton at home up to mid January so from their POV this is their last chance otherwise they'll be miles off 17th going into February.

Inevitably had a little look at final day fixtures, Luton at home to Fulham. If Fulham are safe then that's an ideal fixture for them to win really, low scoring team without any need to do anything.

Hey guys,

How you feeling about the game on Saturday, Awoniyi is a massive miss for us. We're playing well at the moment but crucially, not picking up points. I think you're probably playing us at a decent time. I wouldn't say this is a must-win for us, but we really need the 3 points on Saturday. I can see a draw playing out to be honest. Hudson-Odoi returning for his first start will be huge for us. DCL worries me as we seem to struggle with physical strikers. FWIW, pretty sure you'll be fine this season.

It's not impossible to win 2 more games than last season and 3 more than the previous.
I know. But it'll dependent on having a season where we are infinitely better than the last two seasons AND weathering the upset of getting 10 points taken off us...which is bound to affect the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.