Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have only lost 2 of our last 7 games and we have beaten the likes of Brentford, Palace and West Ham.

On Sunday, against one of the best teams in the league, we dominated in terms of chances.

We are also in the quarters of the League Cup.

I'm proud of the players and I'm confident that they will keep us up, despite this unprecedented and disproportionate punishment from the corrupt football establishment.
Spot on.

We are in great form and we will stay up.... but only if they don't hit us with another 10 points deduction.

I live for the day when a competent Everton side finally adapt to an 'attack is the best form of defense' mindset.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp - the longer you retain the ball, the less opportunities over 90+ minutes that the opposition will have to trouble your goal...
But retaining the ball needs far more talented players than we have. It’s not just a decision “to retain the ball”- you have to be able to pass, shield, control and dribble too.

We’re better off without it

But retaining the ball needs far more talented players than we have. It’s not just a decision “to retain the ball”- you have to be able to pass, shield, control and dribble too.

We’re better off without it
Sorry but that's BS mate, these are professional athletes, they are the top of their craft, the elite 1% playing in the supposed "best league in the world" Passing, shielding, and controlling a football, dribbling I will agree is a bit more of a specialized skill that not every player is good at. Aside from the dribbling, If they can't do any of the for mentioned then they are in the wrong career imo. This sort of stuff is the absolute bare basics of any footballers skillset, We have players who can play football. It's also about practice and patterns of play and the best managers/coaches spend hours on the training ground going over patterns of play with players again and again until it sinks in and becomes muscle memory/automatic. Nobody is asking for tiki-taka but the teams with the lowest possession in the league usually tend to be the ones down the bottom of the league, essentially if you have the ball it doesn't really matter what the other team is doing.

Sorry but that's BS mate, these are professional athletes, they are the top of their craft, the elite 1% playing in the supposed "best league in the world" Passing, shielding, and controlling a football, dribbling I will agree is a bit more of a specialized skill that not every player is good at. Aside from the dribbling, If they can't do any of the for mentioned then they are in the wrong career imo. This sort of stuff is the absolute bare basics of any footballers skillset, We have players who can play football. It's also about practice and patterns of play and the best managers/coaches spend hours on the training ground going over patterns of play with players again and again until it sinks in and becomes muscle memory/automatic. Nobody is asking for tiki-taka but the teams with the lowest possession in the league usually tend to be the ones down the bottom of the league, essentially if you have the ball it doesn't really matter what the other team is doing.
The problem is the players they are playing against are also the elite 1% playing in the supposed "best league in the world"

The problem is the players they are playing against are also the elite 1% playing in the supposed "best league in the world"
Only 1 out of every 100 kids will ever make it to this level, you don't even get to youth level, let alone this level without being able to pass, shield, or control a ball.

Only 1 out of every 100 kids will ever make it to this level, you don't even get to youth level, let alone this level without being able to pass, shield, or control a ball.
Of course
But those they play against also know how to read and intercept, tackle and pressure at an elite level.
I'm sure I wouldn't get near any of our team but they aren't as good as many others in the same league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back