Relegation 23/24 Thread

I've banged on about this in some other thread so apologies for repetitiveness, but I think we finish 18th...Luton stay up.
The sanguinity of so many on here amazes me...we just got a 10 point deduction, every decision is against us...the game is rigged against us...we get relegated
The piper calls the tune mate, and he has upped the tempo since our recent successes.

Minds will be fully concentrated if / when we get beat tomorrow.

IMO this is the most dangerous few games of the season coming up.

Let this losing streak go on for 3/4/5 games with others picking up points and we are cemented into a relegation battle until May.

Hopefully these players respond.

Personally I don't think most realise how important players like Doucoure and Gueye are to us. They are the key to our survival, not players like DCL, Garner and Onana.

Minds will be fully concentrated if / when we get beat tomorrow.

IMO this is the most dangerous few games of the season coming up.

Let this losing streak go on for 3/4/5 games with others picking up points and we are cemented into a relegation battle until May.

Hopefully these players respond.

Personally I don't think most realise how important players like Doucoure and Gueye are to us. They are the key to our survival, not players like DCL, Garner and Onana.
Doucoure especially, he had a big influence in us staying up last season and has had an even bigger influence this season.

I’m quietly confident we will stay up, but I don’t do complacency with Everton. The hammering Spurs got last night shows us that for all our “positives” when losing to them, they’re not all that. We shouldn’t console ourselves too much when losing to them.

We need points and we need them quickly. Some people have been in denial about Luton, but they are indeed on a run. We need to stop the losing habit at Wolves tomorrow. No more hard luck stories.

Imagine if someone had told you going into the Forest game 4 weeks ago bottom of the league, that at the end of December we’d be a point clear of the relegation zone. Would you have taken it?

Funny what a bit of context can do isn't it?

Of course, until mathematically safe we can't take anything for granted, but we've come an awful long way since the first 5 games of the season and everything points towards us being absolutely fine this season barring any implosion.

I’m quietly confident we will stay up, but I don’t do complacency with Everton. The hammering Spurs got last night shows us that for all our “positives” when losing to them, they’re not all that. We shouldn’t console ourselves too much when losing to them.

We need points and we need them quickly. Some people have been in denial about Luton, but they are indeed on a run. We need to stop the losing habit at Wolves tomorrow. No more hard luck stories.
Some people thought others cautioning against extended cup runs were moaners and spoiling the party.

Unbelievable.

How many people right now with us dancing on the trap door again would want two LC SFs against Liverpool when the table is looking like this? Not many Ild suggest.

It doesn't take much for some of our supporters to get giddy over our survival chances. We were at our best 6 points above the relegation places and all it took was two PL rounds of matches to put us in trouble again.

Such people never learn though.

Some people thought others cautioning against extended cup runs were moaners and spoiling the party.

Unbelievable.

How many people right now with us dancing on the trap door again would want two LC SFs against Liverpool when the table is looking like this? Not many Ild suggest.

It doesn't take much for some of our supporters to get giddy over our survival chances. We were at our best 6 points above the relegation places and all it took was two PL rounds of matches to put us in trouble again.

This people never learn though.
I think beating Fulham would have led to a far better start versus Spurs. As it was, we took 25 minutes to process the disappointment and by then the game was gone. The Onana peno miss killed our momentum - and we’re consoling ourselves with “positives” since.

We need a result tomorrow. We’re not getting our 10 points back. The only positive that counts is a point.

7 more wins gets us to 39 without any points given back, which is enough to survive. And that’s assuming we don’t pick up any draws along the way. 6 wins and 3 draws = 39 points. Are people genuinely saying we won’t win 6 of our remaining 19 football matches?

Given that the Brighton penalty yesterday against Spurs was near enough identical to the one not given to us, even down to it being the same player responsible; is there no way that the club can go to the referees association and ask them to explain the inconsistency?

I feel we as a club should be doing this everytime for every example and doing it publicly as well

I think beating Fulham would have led to a far better start versus Spurs. As it was, we took 25 minutes to process the disappointment and by then the game was gone. The Onana peno miss killed our momentum - and we’re consoling ourselves with “positives” since.

We need a result tomorrow. We’re not getting our 10 points back. The only positive that counts is a point.
Well I for one am glad we have a two legged SF against Liverpool nowhere near us.

We are wafer thin in terms of squad strength.

7 more wins gets us to 39 without any points given back, which is enough to survive. And that’s assuming we don’t pick up any draws along the way. 6 wins and 3 draws = 39 points. Are people genuinely saying we won’t win 6 of our remaining 19 football matches?

People seem genuinely concerned that Luton might maintain their... *checks notes*... 4 wins in 18 🤷‍♂️