Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheff United received a lot of criticism for last weeks performance with some suggesting the players gave up against Villa. Maybe they will be stung into putting in a good performance, professional pride and all that, against Luton tomorrow. If they could get a result tomorrow it would be a much needed kick in the teeth for Luton. Clutching at straws but a suppose it is possible

Sheff United received a lot of criticism for last weeks performance with some suggesting the players gave up against Villa. Maybe they will be stung into putting in a good performance, professional pride and all that, against Luton tomorrow. If they could get a result tomorrow it would be a much needed kick in the teeth for Luton. Clutching at straws but a suppose it is possible
Yep you are clutching at straws

I do think if our appeal is semi successful and we get 4/5 points back it will kill any Luton momentum. Just hope we don’t loose our heads when we inevitably drop into the bottom 3 today…

I do think if our appeal is semi successful and we get 4/5 points back it will kill any Luton momentum. Just hope we don’t loose our heads when we inevitably drop into the bottom 3 today…

I’m not sure, they’re still only a point behind Forest who could be also looking at a deduction if part or all of ours is upheld. They’ve basically got nothing to lose, they have the mentality of a lower league side having an FA Cup run and every home game is basically a carnival. That’s pretty dangerous, regardless of how much we’ve memed them on here. They are a plucky little annoyance and they aren’t going away in the relegation battle whether it’s against us, Forest, Brentford or Palace come the end of the season.

If you don’t want to lose your optimism then it’s probably best you don’t look at the table this morning

…..we can’t do much about what’s going on elsewhere, but a further deduction will likely see us slugging it out with Forest (and maybe Burnley) to avoid the drop. Forest’s game at home to Newcastle today will be of biggest interest to me.

…..we can’t do much about what’s going on elsewhere, but a further deduction will likely see us slugging it out with Forest (and maybe Burnley) to avoid the drop. Forest’s game at home to Newcastle today will be of biggest interest to me.

That’s a bigger concern than Luton, who we all expect to win anyway. Newcastle are complete toilet and conceding goals for fun. I don’t fancy them at all to get a result, but then I never actually fancy them in any game really. I would want to be playing them out of anyone in the league right now.

Fancy Forest and Brentford to get results, but got a feeling Luton won’t beat Sheff Utd.

I think we have to beat Palace, it will be near 3 months without a win by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back