Relegation 23/24 Thread

That means we'd finish 6th at minimum though and be competitive. I'll take that any day over the dirge we've sat through in the last few years.
True. I'm relaxed about relegation now. Supporting Everton is like watching a beloved pet die a slow, agonising, but inevitable death. I'm not scared at the thought of administration or relegation or whatever. It would be a release.

The draw vs Brighton was a killer really. 1-0 in injury time against 10 men. They got smashed by Fulham today. Win that game then it takes pressure off the bottle job players to score more than one of the fifteen chances today.
The undisputed Kings of the late goal did it yet again.I suppose they did us a favour.

Just really hope Villa smash Luton now, what a sad existence it is supporting this club, truly fed up with it all now.
I just genuinely couldn't care less now. Think I've finally been broken.

We've been a Championship side ourselves operating in the Premier League for years against all odds. Whatever will be, will be.

I simply refuse to stress about it anymore.

Its awful not even saying it just because of the result this team is so bad playing football. Not sure how anyone can enjoy this makes even simple passes look hard. Honestly have no idea why i do it anymore get nothing from this club. And you look at them over the park and well what do you say
They're hardly 1970s Brazil, they're a moderate team in a crap league

I just genuinely couldn't care less now. Think I've finally been broken.

We've been a Championship side ourselves operating in the Premier League for years against all odds. Whatever will be, will be.

I simply refuse to stress about it anymore.
This is exactly it. I am so appalled by our players that I genuinely don't think they deserve to stay up, because all they do is embarrass themselves and us and find ways to implode in the most spectacular and laughable ways possible. If they are better than Luton, it's only because they are paid multiples of what those Luton players are. It's certainly not because they have more courage or heart of guts, you know, those things anybody can have regardless of "talent". The only thing relatable about these Everton players is a fan on the street could well imagine passing the ball as badly as any of our midfielders or missing sitters like McNeill or Calvert-Lewin. Gutless wonders.

You know Everton are going to pull an unexpected win out of the bag in the next few games, just to prolong the suffering.

It's the epitome of an abusive relationship, and I don't even bother watching them anymore. I'd hate to get in the head of an actual match-going Evertonian.

I said a month or so ago, that we had a few games in april/may we should win, which is mostly going by the last 2 years, when we began to win. but i had hoped we may have won a game or 2 before April, not go from mid Dec to end end of march at least without a win (if we dont win at man utd)

We would have been stumbling along slowly to safety at min, but we would have had an 11 point lead over 3rd bottom (before Luton v villa ended), which with 11 games to go i would have expected to be more than enough