Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an absolutely grim way to look at things but when you are the team clear of the relegation zone any weekend where you get no closer to it isn't a terrible weekend.

But with the second charge hanging in the air a golden opportunity missed to open more daylight.

This squad is going to struggle to get much over 30 points imo. Perhaps it will surprise on the road but I can already see a 1-1 v Forest, losing late to Brentford when Toney firest one in from 25 yards and then you're just down to Burnley and Sheffield United left at Goodison so don't really want a scenario where either of those games aren't won.

Finish on 32/33 points and another points deduction would be very bad news indeed.

Only way to reshape squad is selling a key player aswell. Ideally for me Onana as Gana-Garner-Doucs isn't anything amazing but can basically do what Dyche requires week on week.

Branthwaite fantastic again today so potentially having to sell would be a huge blow given the chronic remaining options.
In all likelihood both go this summer. How much of it we get to spend and how we do it defines next season.

This squad is going to struggle to get much over 30 points imo. Perhaps it will surprise on the road but I can already see a 1-1 v Forest, losing late to Brentford when Toney firest one in from 25 yards and then you're just down to Burnley and Sheffield United left at Goodison so don't really want a scenario where either of those games aren't won.

Finish on 32/33 points and another points deduction would be very bad news indeed.
It already has got over 30 points though to be fair.

It already has got over 30 points though to be fair.

Yeah I just meant from this position of being on 25 points with 11 games left. Certainly dosen't look like it's got four straight wins like in November/December which would negate any lingering relegation fears.

Three straight aways now isn't great, Burnley is going to be huge as they may pick up the odd win in the next month so they'd still have a small chance coming to Goodison

In "normal" circumstances this side would probably finish on 40/41 points so marginal improvement on last season (not at Goodison though) and very very tight given it's certain now six points aren't being returned.

Yeah I just meant from this position of being on 25 points with 11 games left. Certainly dosen't look like it's got four straight wins like in November/December which would negate any lingering relegation fears.

Three straight aways now isn't great, Burnley is going to be huge as they may pick up the odd win in the next month so they'd still have a small chance coming to Goodison

In "normal" circumstances this side would probably finish on 40/41 points so marginal improvement on last season (not at Goodison though) and very very tight given it's certain now six points aren't being returned.
I do think ultimately we'll get the points but in typical Everton fashion probably not how you'd expect. Got it in us to lose at home to Sheffield, Burnley or Forest, but got it in us to get a Dycheball special at United, Chelsea, Newcastle.

Leeds and Leicester probably have better squads than us now. Next season will be the season if we can’t spend.
I'm hoping Ipswich find a way into an automatic spot so Southampton and Leeds can't both come up. Leeds I think will be sound if they come up. Leicester will be interesting, play some nice stuff but Marescaball could go the way of Kompanyball when they come up.

I reckon either Newcastle or Chelsea away we will reenact our performance at Brighton last year where we save all our finishing ability for one game and win 4/5 -1

I do think ultimately we'll get the points but in typical Everton fashion probably not how you'd expect. Got it in us to lose at home to Sheffield, Burnley or Forest, but got it in us to get a Dycheball special at United, Chelsea, Newcastle.

Newcastle are starting to pick up again now and Man. United and Chelsea are very tough grounds to win on even if they're both poor so Dycheball will just be low blocking to get a point.

I've actually got a good feeling on Bournemouth for some reason as they've started losing games again. Also feel Dyche has enough about him to set up the side to get whatever is needed for Luton away.

Going to get soundly beaten at Arsenal so need to try and wrap things up before the final day this time.

Leeds will spend far more this time aswell.

Hopefully Ipswich can keep going and get 2nd as they're a bit more like Luton, great momentum but not many in the squad have top level experience.
That’s what I’m hoping for. Someone to catch Leeds and then for them to lose in the playoffs. Ideally we need two weaker teams than Leicester and Leeds coming up.

We have been extremely lucky imo that all three teams that came up this season are rubbish.

That’s what I’m hoping for. Someone to catch Leeds and then for them to lose in the playoffs. Ideally we need two weaker teams than Leicester and Leeds coming up.

We have been extremely lucky imo that all three teams coming up have been bad
We need the better Championship sides to get promoted to give us a chance next season

Status
Not open for further replies.