Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I purposely said 7 games cos I always expected us to beat Burnley.

But im happy to be "wrong".

I’m letting you off with that one G. You were correct, although I don’t think the 3 points came from the fixtures you were expecting them to come from. I think you had us down for beating Palace and then losing the next 6. But hey ho, I doth thine cap to you.

We'd have rather Luton lost (obviously), but the overall effect of today's results is pretty massive.

A Burnley win (maybe even a draw) and IMO we are still looking at likely 4 teams contesting 2 relegation slots.

Today's results, raising the line to 25, means 2 slots are more or less done and two more teams (Brentford and Palace) slide into realistic trouble. So instead of 4 for 2 it's 5 for 1.

A massive change in the relegation picture and also our own chances.

….i think all its done is condemn Burnley and help us cushion the inevitable reduction. That reduction will give Palace and Brentford the breathing space they need, neither will be involved.

Everton, Forest and Luton basically in a mini league for the remainder of the season. Hopefully, no more than -4 deduction, 3 teams fighting it out from a base of 25 points.

Thats how I see it.

I’m letting you off with that one G. You were correct, although I don’t think the 3 points came from the fixtures you were expecting them to come from. I think you had us down for beating Palace and then losing the next 6. But hey ho, I doth thine cap to you.
I honestly had us beating Palace or West Ham and expected a draw or 2.

Never thought we would get only 3.

Will do Dom the world of good, the lads been through a lot happy to see a couple of spawny goals go his way. Hopefully he can kick on now and help us win the points we need

….i think all its done is condemn Burnley and help us cushion the inevitable reduction. That reduction will give Palace and Brentford the breathing space they need, neither will be involved.

Everton, Forest and Luton basically in a mini league for the remainder of the season. Hopefully, no more than -4 deduction, 3 teams fighting it out from a base of 25 points.

Thats how I see it.
All depends on the reduction I guess, but it needs to be more than 4 for the relegation line to move although having one more team on 25 would obviously be to Brentford and Palace's advantage.

I still don't think they'd be sitting comfortably though, especially with the possibility of appeals still up in the air. That extra little psychological factor might mess with them.

Thats how I see it.
I think a 4 point deduction would be massively harsh when we've already been punished for 2 of the 3 seasons. It should be 2 points maximum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back