Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

with all due respect, city's case is unique in almost the entire history of the game. you are looking back fondly on the nightmare of your successive relegations with the glory that followed.
The glory didn't follow for several seasons after being promoted though. When we last gained promotion from championship in 2001 we built stability by having a shrewd chairman in David Bernstein who steadied our ship from the disastrous tenures of Peter Swales and Franny Lee before him .Back in 2008 Thaksin Shinawatra bought us and sold us to Sheikh Mansour(ADUG) a little over a year later, and in 2011 we won our first proper trophy since 76.

People can call us cheats and 'dirty oil money ' etc, but our owners have been brilliant in what they've done for MCFC and East Manchester.

The glory didn't follow for several seasons after being promoted though. When we last gained promotion from championship in 2001 we built stability by having a shrewd chairman in David Bernstein who steadied our ship from the disastrous tenures of Peter Swales and Franny Lee before him .Back in 2008 Thaksin Shinawatra bought us and sold us to Sheikh Mansour(ADUG) a little over a year later, and in 2011 we won our first proper trophy since 76.

People can call us cheats and 'dirty oil money ' etc, but our owners have been brilliant in what they've done for MCFC and East Manchester.
Forgetting the cheap new stadium and is the referee still celebrating with the City players after Paul Dickov bought you a lifeline against Gillingham in that Play Off Final...I jest as I have family members who have supported City for over 40 years and gone through the dark days like yourself.

Forgetting the cheap new stadium and is the referee still celebrating with the City players after Paul Dickov bought you a lifeline against Gillingham in that Play Off Final...I jest as I have family members who have supported City for over 40 years and gone through the dark days like yourself.
I dread to think where we'd be without Dikov scoring that day.

Have to go out and beat West Ham at the weekend. That takes us 8 clear of Luton with them to play Villa at home. They will still have a game in hand but it’s a decent cushion.

We have Forest, Brentford, Sheff United and Burnley at home. Need to sort out our home form because if we get the job done in these games we will likely stay up.

No one knows how this second charge will go so we need to claw in as many teams as possible in the coming weeks.

Still think Luton away could be a deciding game.

They're changing the rules at the end of the season in order to ensure City and Chelsea don't need to be punished

Us and Forest are the only two that will ever get hit with this and it won't happen again to anyone else

If Forest's fans weren't such a gaggle of bumwhiff's then this might be an oddly effective bonding experience between our two sets of supporters that would stand the test of time lol

I feel a bit better about our survival chances after getting those points back, but I struggle to decide one way or the other whilst the second potential deduction hangs above us

It's a disgrace that it can happen mid-season and that they just take/add the points when appeals are still outstanding

It's just a woefully inefficient way of applying sanctions that only makes relegation battles like this all the more stressful for those involved

I bet the TV companies like Sky and TNT love it though because it constantly keeps an edge of jeopardy to everything

I think it could happen to clubs outside the "sky 6". I could see Newcastle and Wolves getting hit with this. Newcastle have been careful with their spending, but their owners created a company to sponsor them at £25m a season when they were getting £6.8m a season before from a betting company.

City and Chelsea technically do a similar thing with Etihad and Infinate Athlete

Looking at the table now, we are 12 points clear of Sheffield Utd. and Burnley, 5 clear of Luton and 1 clear of Forest. I think it's fair to say that even with a potential further points deduction, we will still finish above Sheffield Utd. and Burnley. Allowing for the lunacy of the premier league's decision makers, we need to finish the season 8 points clear of Luton and ahead of Forest, I think that Forest will get a punishment at least as severe as we do and I think that 8 points will be the maximum either of us can be penalized. I really don't see them trying to give a bigger penalty than the one for administration again.

So it's in our hands, win a few games and don' t get ourselves in an administration situation and I think we may well be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.