Relegation 23/24 Thread

Forest took the unusual step of making Clattenburg, a former Premier League referee, available for interview. He said: “What we will be doing is speaking to the PGMOL, with my relationships that I have with the PGMOL and the Premier League, and we will discuss what happened on the field of play, and we will look at the course of action in the future. I will sit down with the board and the owners to explain what has happened.”

We're being outplayed off the pitch too, I see...

But in large part they are upwardly mobile because they've spent fortunes on fees and (probably more importantly) wages, including on a fair few players heading towards 30 like Digne or Carlos. They're playing the exact game Moshiri played, trying to get instant results rather than future value. And they've done that much more successfully than we did for sure, but that game will always have some FFP consequences.

For those outside the top 6. That’s my point. United can wasted money on player after player after player, Sancho Anthony Mount, it doesn’t matter, there’s always more money to go and buy the next one. Everyone else gets one go and if you mess it up you spend 3 years having to rebalance the books. It’s an unfair system.

Bournemouth has potential for a win but only in the sense you'd toss a coin and hope for the best. Could easily go the other way.

Then you're looking at Burnley on April 6th which must be close to a record for us going without a win in the Premier League?

Bournemouth has potential for a win but only in the sense you'd toss a coin and hope for the best. Could easily go the other way.

Then you're looking at Burnley on April 6th which must be close to a record for us going without a win in the Premier League?
If we don't win next 2 weeks it will be our longest spell with out a win since 94

It's why they've not moved Keane on. It's why Godfrey is getting a run now, to get him up to game speed. Leicester look like staying up I reckon next season, they're going through their rebuild now and will have spends and wage room in the summer.
We're likely to lose Onana, release Young, Gomes, and Alli, Gana another year closer to calling it all a day.
We've watched other sides before stockpile not great players and end up relegated and haemorrhaging money, We'll need top dollar for Onana, Branthwaite, Maupay, just to tread water. £26million on Beto when Lukaku has a release clause of £37million.

Anyone spot a 23 year old right winger in any league in Europe? There's got to be someone that can cross a ball with his right foot and run a bit.

Ogbene would be o.k if Luton go down. Some people will turn their noses up at him but he's what mid 20s and can play in a few positions and get up and down the right all day and night. Would look at Adebayo aswell if he has a release clause as he isn't far off double figures in the prem and he'd be ideal player for Dycheball.

That's the market but then it's been the same last few summers signing Harrison and McNeil from relegated clubs. Tarkowski has been good value at least so they're not all low quality players but it's finding 2-3 of them in the same summer that is very difficult.

Have to be selling Calvert Lewin aswell. Would be a bit ridiculous to give someone who's gone 20 games without a goal a bumper four year new deal. 12 months left this summer but then leaves the CF options as Beto and Chermiti.

Ogbene would be o.k if Luton go down. Some people will turn their noses up at him but he's what mid 20s and can play in a few positions and get up and down the right all day and night. Would look at Adebayo aswell if he has a release clause as he isn't far off double figures in the prem and he'd be ideal player for Dycheball.

That's the market but then it's been the same last few summers signing Harrison and McNeil from relegated clubs. Tarkowski has been good value at least so they're not all low quality players but it's finding 2-3 of them in the same summer that is very difficult.

Have to be selling Calvert Lewin aswell. Would be a bit ridiculous to give someone who's gone 20 games without a goal a bumper four year new deal. 12 months left this summer but then leaves the CF options as Beto and Chermiti.
Cal-Lewin needs Carlo. This system or whatever it is is not to his taste. We need a right footer on the right. It is that simple.

Honestly knowing us, we'll probably turn up and beat United because it makes no sense.

Saw this a few times and “knowing us. When do we ever beat big clubs at their ground, our record is embarrassing.

Once at Old Trafford in the last 30 years.
Once at the pit(with a crowd) in about the same period.
Can’t even remember the last time we won at Arsenal.

Etc etc