Relegation 23/24 Thread

Forest arent as good as chelsea lets hope a thrashing will give them all a real kick up the butt and we battle like mad for a win ! 3 points is a must this match ! 6-0 could be a corner turner !
I'll have a pint of what you're drinking.

Seriously though, we have to get past the Chelsea game pronto. This team is not strong enough to perform without the fans behind it.

everyone? it’s only forest luton and us

sorry but they can score

2 wins in 14 it’s relegation form
In 2024 - We are literally only one point worst off than others.. The way some are acting you would think they all had double the amount of points we have gained - we have also lost the least of of these teams

Forest 2 wins in 13 - 10 points those 13 games
Luton 2 wins in 14 - 10 points in 14 games
Everton 1 win in 12 - 9 points those 12 games
Burnley 1 win in 13 - 9 points those 13 games
Sheff Utd 1 win in 12 - 7 points those 12 games

You say it's not accurate, but it's opinion.

My opinion is the team that's put us through the last 3 years, longest club run without a win and lowest ever points total is the worst squad - the balance/lack of pace/ability to score goals and win points to keep us up.

People can scoff at that, but in 10 years from now fans will talk about this period as being the worst. Unless we go down - because then it would get a lot worse.

History will show this period/team having a number of managers and being woeful.

Whether we like it or not, we had a Champions League/title winner in Benitez and Lampard who were also terrible.

The wheels even come off under Ancelotti - we nosedived that season.
Benitez was a busted flush when he got here. However, your point about successive managers is fair enough, we really have got to stop appointing very, very poor managers. Ancelotti is the one exception going back a long time.

I've no doubt whatsoever this is our worst Premier League squad to compete since the Premier League started.

What supports that view would be the last 3 seasons of football results.

We survived the last 2 years by the skin of our teeth.

We're going into our third relegation fight - setting records for games without winning.

Last season we finished with our lowest ever Premier League points total.

So yes - this squad/team is worse than any before it. The points total show it - points per game over 3 years make it abundantly clear.

1997/1998 was much worse

We have Englands number 1 goalkeeper, the best young Centre back in the country, a Belgium international midfielder, throw in the likes of Tarkwoski, DCL etc.!

Myhre
O'Kane
Tiler
Watson
Short
Ball
Farrelly
Barmby
Hutchison
Madar
Ferguson

1997/1998 was much worse

We have Englands number 1 goalkeeper, the best young Centre back in the country, a Belgium international midfielder, throw in the likes of Tarkwoski, DCL etc.!

Myhre
O'Kane
Tiler
Watson
Short
Ball
Farrelly
Barmby
Hutchison
Madar
Ferguson

lol what? Are you saying those two are any better than Dave Watson and Ferguson? Really random to throw them in as examples.

1997/1998 was much worse

Myhre
O'Kane
Tiler
Watson
Short
Ball
Farrelly
Barmby
Hutchison
Madar
Ferguson

Already responded. There's a few like Speed and Stuart who is missing from your list - sold that season, but still scored 10 goals for us. For me, Speed, Stuart, Barmby, Hutchinson all walk into this team - as does Ferguson. Tbf, I'd have Watson and Short in ahead of Tarkowski too.

That team finished on 40 points. I'd take that now. And again next season.

Last season we finished with our lowest ever points total. And lowest goal scorers in the whole league.

This season - Only Sheff Utd have scored less than us and we've broken a club record for most games without victory.

In my view, scoring the least in the league, and second least in consecutive seasons, contributing towards our lowest ever points total and club record for games without a win supports the view that this is our worst ever Premier League squad. You need to be capable of scoring goals - we aren't.

We have individual players who aren't anywhere near the worst we've ever had, but as a squad - balance, depth, pace... ability to score goals - I think this is our worst for competing and the results show it.

lol what? Are you saying those two are any better than Dave Watson and Ferguson? Really random to throw them in as examples.
Dave Watson was 38! Of course Tarkowski in his current state is better than a 38 year old Watson!

DCL - 208 games 52 goals
Ferguson, up to 1997-98 103 games 33 goals

There is a debate to be had there over DCL or Ferguson, but there goal records are pretty similar!
In fact, I'll give you Ferguson as he got 11 goals that season! But i'd argue over both there Everton careers, Calvert Lewin has been more consistant!