Relegation 23/24 Thread

You seem to think we are some great footballing outfit, held back from playing Brazil 70 football by the managers design.

We are terrible. We've had a season devastated by the points deductions and off field events. If Dyche can keep us up and we live to fight another season then I suspect he's worked miracles.
If he keeps us up despite the 8 points then he certainly deserves some credit. Especially if he can get it done without any need to stress about the last 2 games.

BUT it's a season where the survival mark might not even get into the 30s. Even our meagre squad is higher in cost and quality than those bottom three. From where we were in December we should be comfortable by now, instead he's presided over months of declining performances and results and we are still sweating Luton results in late April.

If we stay up it's a pass and not a fail, but he's certainly not worked a miracle.

You seem to think we are some great footballing outfit, held back from playing Brazil 70 football by the managers design.

We are terrible. We've had a season devastated by the points deductions and off field events. If Dyche can keep us up and we live to fight another season then I suspect he's worked miracles.
Not really a miracle to achieve 38-39 points in a season.

Why not though? Without the points deductions we’re on 35 points with 6 still to play. That puts us in a position to stay up in most seasons so why is there ‘next to no chance’ of us staying up next season?
By all accounts we have to make at least one big sale, Branthwaite and/or Onana will have to be sold. We are so much in dire straights financially you have to wonder how much if any of that sale we’ll have to reinvest. We’ll also automatically lose Danjuma and Harrison after their loans, Gueye is being released. We’ll have scope to loan in again obviously, but we’ll have to get them spot on. You really have to wonder just what shape the squad is going to be in going in to a new season. You also have to think the league will be stronger next year than this, with the clubs going down and likely to come up. There’s very little to be enthusiastic about for next season currently.

I'm beginning to think that myself now. 4 points would almost definitely seal it, but 3 could do it. Probably about 50% safe if we just win tomorrow with no other points. 4 points from this week and that goes up to 90% I'd say. The GD between us and Luton / Burnley would loom large. It's effectively another point.
4 points from this week would see us 6 points clear and they have 12 to play for, means them having to get a minimum of 2 wins and a draw from their last 4 games while needing us to not get another point, we've also got the appeal outcome to consider.

It all depends. We'll get £150 million for Branthwaite and Onana and Dyche/Thelwell Will probably get £50 million to spend. If we can use that well it gives us a chance.
That's a big if... we've spunked away hundreds of millions on dross in the last decade.