Relegation 23/24 Thread

I don’t love either club or set of fans and from an Everton perspective it’s probably better if Forest go down.

But on principle….i hope the teams that amass the least points on the field go down. If Luton end up ahead of Forest on their “natural” tallies then fair play they’ve earned it but I don’t want to see it decided by the deductions, whether that’s ours or Forest’s.

I think the consequences for Forest of relegation could be pretty grave, and from their reaction to their defeat at Goodison I think they know it. When you’re talking about the whole future of a club being threatened, potential job losses etc, as a result of “sustainability” rules something’s gone wrong. The punishment far, far exceeds the crime and the purpose of the rules.
I'm looking forward to the run in now. Luton arguably have the easiest fixtures but their form is horrible. Forest, I can only see them getting points vs Sheffield utd. Burnley have the toughest run in, but are the form team in the mix. The final game Burnley vs Forest could be massive, and as Axlswhk says above... that points deduction appeal could be the decider.

I'm looking forward to the run in now. Luton arguably have the easiest fixtures but their form is horrible. Forest, I can only see them getting points vs Sheffield utd. Burnley have the toughest run in, but are the form team in the mix. The final game Burnley vs Forest could be massive, and as Axlswhk says above... that points deduction appeal could be the decider.

I just want to confirm status asap so I can really enjoy the run in without browning my pants.

Once that’s done I would just prefer Luton. To stay up due to the fact that Andros Townsend played for us.

But really not bothered who goes

Yeah I agree, they've got talented players of course but that midfield looks a bit unbalanced and lightweight and the defence, especially VVD, look a bit creaky. Ironically, they are probably the team that could really use Onana and Branthwaite if they go but let's hopefully rule that out.

To be fair to them (if I must), they've surprised me to be up there this season, still a transitional side and on paper not the strength and depth City and Arsenal have. With Klopp off and Salah possibly leaving I think they'll struggle to challenge next year.
I actually think the RS have big problems for a team that aspires to be an elite side.

They need 2 new full backs. TAA can't defend and Rat boy is finished.

Konate and VVD are a poor partnership , a half fit DCL bullied them. Qansah is a really good prospect.

Midfield is lightweight.

Salad is finished ( but they will get big money for him) , Darwin is a joke and Diaz wants to go to Barca. I rate Jota but he's always injured.

The biggest problem will be the loss of Klopp and the introduction of a brand new management team. Slot will be a terrible appointment.

For me it's 50/50 whether they even challenge next season.

As for us. We will lose Onana and Branthwaite. Onana should be relatively easy to replace. Branthwaite is the big one. Assuming Dyche stays in charge im sure he can find a cheap grock of a centre half who will play hoofball.
If we don't get hit by any more deductions next season we should stay up but it won't be pretty

The difference between Dyche and Arse Slot will be, we will end up replacing Branthwaite with 50 year old Ben Mee, whilst they will replace lots of their deadwood or out of form players with players costing 50-100 mil each. And FFP wont bat an eyelid with them, but threaten us with lots of points/relegation if we go 10pence over our allowed pocket money.

The difference between Dyche and Arse Slot will be, we will end up replacing Branthwaite with 50 year old Ben Mee, whilst they will replace lots of their deadwood or out of form players with players costing 50-100 mil each. And FFP wont bat an eyelid with them, but threaten us with lots of points/relegation if we go 10pence over our allowed pocket money.

They sell lots of shirts in Malaysia so it’s only fair really.

Rather see Forest go down just to see the fume and what their owner starts saying after the final whistle. Would be comedy gold.
If we beat Brentford, it'd be worth losing to Luton just to see their heads fall off. Only fair for us to keep up our end of the bargain, what with Luton controlling VAR, as part of the grand conspiracy against Forest

I actually think the RS have big problems for a team that aspires to be an elite side.

They need 2 new full backs. TAA can't defend and Rat boy is finished.

Konate and VVD are a poor partnership , a half fit DCL bullied them. Qansah is a really good prospect.

Midfield is lightweight.

Salad is finished ( but they will get big money for him) , Darwin is a joke and Diaz wants to go to Barca. I rate Jota but he's always injured.

The biggest problem will be the loss of Klopp and the introduction of a brand new management team. Slot will be a terrible appointment.

For me it's 50/50 whether they even challenge next season.

As for us. We will lose Onana and Branthwaite. Onana should be relatively easy to replace. Branthwaite is the big one. Assuming Dyche stays in charge im sure he can find a cheap grock of a centre half who will play hoofball.
If we don't get hit by any more deductions next season we should stay up but it won't be pretty
I don’t see the Slot thing at all. Time and time again players and managers struggle to make the enormous leap from the Eredivisie to the PL, it’s simply not comparable in terms of quality or pressure. Not our problem though I suppose.

I don’t love either club or set of fans and from an Everton perspective it’s probably better if Forest go down.

But on principle….i hope the teams that amass the least points on the field go down. If Luton end up ahead of Forest on their “natural” tallies then fair play they’ve earned it but I don’t want to see it decided by the deductions, whether that’s ours or Forest’s.

I think the consequences for Forest of relegation could be pretty grave, and from their reaction to their defeat at Goodison I think they know it. When you’re talking about the whole future of a club being threatened, potential job losses etc, as a result of “sustainability” rules something’s gone wrong. The punishment far, far exceeds the crime and the purpose of the rules.

the latter would apply for us to