Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god Burnley didn't win that.

I'm actually bemused watching them play most weeks now as sadly this season has meant it's obligatory that they never play 4-3-3. Second half West Ham stepped it up a bit and it basically mean 20 minutes of Rice just jogging through their central midfield.

Of course Westwood injury makes that more difficult but they had Dale Stephens on the bench who was a regular for Brighton not so long ago.

We think the guys here are mediocre but Burnley with Allan and Doucoure as their duo would stay up comfortably.

Today showed they're not going to throw the season anyway. Lose v Leicester and they beat Southampton at home (which is far from impossible set of results) and that would mean 18th going into reds*** away so this relegation battle is miles from being over imo.

We need ten more points. Wins against Leicester, Brentford and Palace along with draw at Watford or elsewhere should be enough. I can't see Burnley getting 13 points or more in their next seven games.

I’m still not convince. If we win at home against Leicester, 6 points clear. The next 3 games after that will be tough and potentially 0 points. Someone please convince me 6 points is a good cushion.
6 points is always a good gap, but we have to go and earn it.

Take it one game at a time. 1 unexpected win would make a huge difference for us. We have to believe it can happen.

I’m still not convince. If we win at home against Leicester, 6 points clear. The next 3 games after that will be tough and potentially 0 points. Someone please convince me 6 points is a good cushion.
We're not losing again at Goodison. Chelsea will get nothing.

Scrappy point for Burnley; they looked very limited to me and their goal was hardly a work of art. Then blew it with the penalty miss. The only way they score is scrappy knock downs so I don't see them winning more than one game; Southampton and Wolves will blow them away.

It's in our hands and another win at home to Leicester will drain them of belief.

COYB

we need to be safe by that final game for me as i see nothing for us, and we would be needing the toon to draw/win at Burnley and their fans would rather they lose knowing it could be trouble for us
Yes I'm not even factoring in the final game, nor the derby unfortunately. As far as I'm concerned we have 6 games/18 points to play for. We have to be safe before the last game as if not, it's disaster.

I'd like us to take 10 points, and hope that that's enough, unless Burnley have a great run of form.

Can't complain too much, it's in our hands to widen the gap from last week

Technically it is in our hands but with games against quadruple chasing RS and the European/world champions Chelsea mean the reality is it is not. Burnley have no such fixtures. I still think we will sneak home as the slightly better side with a deeper squad. Also if we win Wednesday and Leeds lose they are also back in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back