Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win on Wednesday, it’s a 6 point gap with less road left for Burnley to catch us.

Even with a draw, we’re one match closer to safety and the same 4 point gap.

I’d prefer the former, but the latter still represents a better situation than we were facing even this morning.

Draw would be too dodgy imo if the following two games after were lost.

I think Leicester will be back at full strength on Wednesday given they benched all of Maddison, Barnes, Evans, Castagne and Tielemans today so Rodgers will be turning up to make a point.

Old cliches but we do have to take one game at a time and try and get some breathing space between us and the bottom 3.

All this we need X amount of points is just by the by

Yes I'm not even factoring in the final game, nor the derby unfortunately. As far as I'm concerned we have 6 games/18 points to play for. We have to be safe before the last game as if not, it's disaster.

I'd like us to take 10 points, and hope that that's enough, unless Burnley have a great run of form.
I fear they may win their next 2 home games and that was before the sacking, i suppose thats the fear in you been an Everton fan, think the worst, so for me anything less than 2 wins from them those 2 and i am happy

Everybody is looking at burnley...I am looking at Leeds...finish above Leeds and 100% we will be save. Win on Wednesday and 2 points behind them with one game in hand...we then have some decent opportunities at home (brentford and palace) and away (watford) to over take them.

They could lose all those games Brentford were supposed to lose a few weeks back from the expert predictions on here.

Even if they do I still think they'd take 4 points from Brighton and Brentford right at the end of the season so that would take them up to 37 points which still feels a bit out of reach to me.....but that can change with 3 points on Wednesday.

I’m still not convince. If we win at home against Leicester, 6 points clear. The next 3 games after that will be tough and potentially 0 points. Someone please convince me 6 points is a good cushion.
The next three games could very well be zero points but we need to beat Leicester first. That won’t be easy.

I think for us, it’s going to come down to the three games before Arsenal away: Watford away, Brentford home, Palace home. There’s a decent chance we will actually be behind Burnley going into them games, so we could be needing 7/9 points from them. Going to be very twitchy. I do think Leicester is a must win.

The next three games could very well be zero points but we need to beat Leicester first. That won’t be easy.

I think for us, it’s going to come down to the three games before Arsenal away: Watford away, Brentford home, Palace home. There’s a decent chance we will actually be behind Burnley going into them games, so we could be needing 7/9 points from them. Going to be very twitchy. I do think Leicester is a must win.
While we’re playing Brentford and Palace at home (games 36 and 37), Burnley are playing Spurs and Villa away, I feel that will be a key week. If we can still be above Burnley by any number of points going into those two games, it might give us a decent chance to be safe before the last day.

Before we played United last week we looked doomed. One point ahead of Burnley. We now have a 3 point gap and a game in hand to make it 6. Today's events have to be seen as good overall.

If Burnley had looked finished there today and failed to get a point, I'd have accepted a point on Wednesday.* But a win assumes a greater urgency now. And they will not be easy.

*I still will if that's all there is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back