Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Burnley game at 1400 will be more important to our survival, apart from last season behind closed doors we always bottle Anfield so I’m sure this year will be no different.
Need Wolves to get 3 points and carry on their European push.

I have a very strong suspicion Burnley will win. They have that new manager bounce big time.

The problem with going home or away games now is that it is becoming more of a habit than a source of enjoyment.

For some maybe, but for me, the anticipation on match day is a big part of the attraction. For example next week's Chelsea game, most people there that day will think we can get something. Like they do vs every team at home bar, maybe, the obvious two.

Unless team can pull off a shock win from one of the fixtures v top half teams it's pretty much going to the last day now.

Hope I'm wrong but with the respective run ins I can't really see a realistic scenario where the 4 point gap is restored after the Palace home game.

Get the feeling the luck in those last day escapes in the 90s will be elusive this time, could even be a reversal of 98 when Bolton went into that 1 point clear but lost away to a London team.

If GD is worse as I'd expect it to be then all it takes is losing at Arsenal and Burnley grinding out a 0-0/1-1 at home to Newcastle and that's it.

maybe their old manager that some of our fans are obsessed with getting just wasn't actually very good

But they should have been absolutely hammered in their last two games. Pope had a stormer v West Ham and Southampton missed so many chances.

It's mad

To be fair they absolutely battered Southampton from what I saw. Southampton missed two sitters in the first half but Forster kept them in it, they were a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back