Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get relegated (and it's still in our own hands), it won't be because we lost 2-0 at the cesspit or because we didn't get a penalty against Citeh.
It'll be down to losing 5-2 at home to Watford, spineless performances at Norwich and Brentford, and constantly going a goal down before we decide to start playing.
This is easily the worst Everton team in a generation and whether we stay up or go down, half the squad needs to be moved on, even if it means making a loss on them.
Having said that...
COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!
Agree with that. Plus that loss to Burnley - that one is looking like the nail in the coffin

Irrespective of what Burnley do, If Leeds lose tomorrow night at Palace, or even draw, I predict we will finish above them.

We will be four points behind them with a game in hand….their next three fixtures after that are City at home, Arsenal away and Chelsea at home.

Leeds are not out of this dogfight.

Not by a long chalk.

Leicester are the exception.

Each ten years of the PL has seen fewer teams winning trophies. The PL has reduced the range of clubs winning anything in football. The European money has massively accelerated it.

We lost our place in the big five and now we have lost our place in the top league. There is no way back now. We are also rans. We have lost our status.

Anyway, I console myself with the fact that foot all is so poisonous that I am better off without it.
I dunno if there was ever a "big five" - I remember "big four" and "top six" more recently: either way, it seems the media make up these terms based on their favourites because they control the narrative.

Again, if you're done with EFC or the game in general, that is your business, I have NO probs, I wish you well - sincerely!

I've never known a time before the Prem era so they whole "football before 92" thing is lost on me, but my view today is no different that 10+ years ago: we're talking about millionaires kicking a ball. Win, lose, who gives a fuch - they get paid, don't they?! When they come to my aid in my time of need, then I'll lose sleep about them. Until then, I'll enjoy sky-sponsored entertainment tv because I don't have the girls wrestling channel.

And if away days next year involve Stoke and Hull instead of Chelsea and Arsenal, then I hope the beer and hot dogs are cheaper.

@Bluestar
@Colonel Getafe

I think a lot of fans of the "other 14" clubs are starting to twig onto the farce that the PL is becoming.

I think the UEFA new rules from 2024 will be the straw that breaks the camels back so to speak - you already have
Crystal Palace chairman firing shots at UEFA, clubs owned by mega wealthy people like Newcastle and Villa surely wont be happy to continue being also rans with the amount of money they are pumping in whilst Man Utd can gain entry into the CL finishing 10th.

Add in the ESL lot will be tweaking their plans in order for it to become acceptable before they inevitably are allowed to break free which would spell the end for the TV money in this league and UEFA's prominence in general.

I think in the next 5-10 years we'll see either the collapse of football or major upheaval from monied clubs outside the elite.
Football is eating itself. When the other fourteen have diminished to the position of hopelessness, wha5 is the point. We are better off not being in the same league as the six. Sod the money, I dont care about this over paid bunch of blurts at all. Let’s go back to a competition where multiple teams stand a chance.

Irrespective of what Burnley do, If Leeds lose tomorrow night at Palace, or even draw, I predict we will finish above them.

We will be four points behind them with a game in hand….their next three fixtures after that are City at home, Arsenal away and Chelsea at home.

Leeds are not out of this dogfight.

Not by a long chalk.
Keep taking the pills!

Given the state of our finances, I can’t see us bouncing back anytime soon if we go down. We’re staring down the barrel. Moshiri, Kenwright and co should never be forgiven, for the way they’ve run this club. I feel sick at the thought of what’s to come next.

Sheffield United were in the Premier League last season. Your lad has never heard of them?
Meant to put Sheffield Wednesday! I’m not with it tonight!

My point is that these clubs that spend years in the Championship get no coverage. Sheffield Wednesday were once a huge club with huge attendances. I remember them beating Man Utd and the RS… and I’m talking the Prem years. Now no one has heard of them.

If we go down we will lose the future football supporters of this city to the RS.

If we get relegated (and it's still in our own hands), it won't be because we lost 2-0 at the cesspit or because we didn't get a penalty against Citeh.
It'll be down to losing 5-2 at home to Watford, spineless performances at Norwich and Brentford, and constantly going a goal down before we decide to start playing.
This is easily the worst Everton team in a generation and whether we stay up or go down, half the squad needs to be moved on, even if it means making a loss on them.
Having said that...
COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!
True

Well at least it's out of the way now. It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. We have six cup finals left to play now.

We'll have to win all three of our remaining home games, and hope we scrape enough points from the away games.

I think we can have no complaints if we do go down, after the stupidity of how we blew that Burnley game.

We kept Benitez on for another month and a bit as well. Relegation will be well earned and well deserved in my opinion, but i obviously hope it doesn't happen!

Well at least it's out of the way now. It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. We have six cup finals left to play now.

We'll have to win all three of our remaining home games, and hope we scrape enough points from the away games.

I think we can have no complaints if we do go down, after the stupidity of how we blew that Burnley game.

We kept Benitez on for another month a bit as well. Relegation will be well earned and well deserved in my opinion, but i obviously hope it doesn't happen!

Agree with everything mate.

Football is eating itself. When the other fourteen have diminished to the position of hopelessness, wha5 is the point. We are better off not being in the same league as the six. Sod the money, I dont care about this over paid bunch of blurts at all. Let’s go back to a competition where multiple teams stand a chance.
This is EXACTLY the reason I was 100% behind a European Super League (NOTE: I said "a" Super League, not "the" Super League). Let the "sky 6" go play in their own, completely seperate league with a dozen clubs from around Europe and thus we/England/EFL/Prem are presented with a FANTASTIC opportunity to restructure the league. Put markers down from day one, set clear rules, make it a fair game.

No "big six" in the league = the likes of Wolves or WHam or Leics or Villa or Newcastle or Us all eyeing high finishes/title challenges - not to mention the ambitious lower level clubs whove just come up like Brentford and Leeds. But sadly, it's fiction.

Money rules. It's sports entertainment. It's tv. I'm not defending it or supporting it, I'm simply acknowledging it for what it is; under no illusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back