Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not had any enjoyment out of football for several years. I’m stuck because I became a fan in the seventies. My children don't care in the slightest about football. Everton offer no interest or enjoyment at all to them.

I live in Liverpool and I my experience tells me that 27 years of nothing means that Everton’s youth support is massively diminished. My son is the only Evertonian in his class and he doesn’t care for them. The club is headed into oblivion.

I don’t believe this is a isolated example. Football is now ultra capitalist with punishing penalties for failure that are literally forcing clubs into destruction. We are well on that path.

The PL has created a top six or seven and the rest are no marks just there to pretend it’s a competition. Clubs of our size are in a twilight zone. Not big enough to challenge but forced to spend to try and meet unachievable fan expectation.

We need a rethink. Liverpool and City have won and we are the forever losers. Capitalism ultimately always ends up with a few ultimate victors and many failiers. It concentrates the power with the victors. We’ve joined the growing pile of failures. There is no way back to where we used to be. We are Kodak.

your likes of your post are people who want championship football

The best thing for everyone is to treat Everton as a hobby rather than your life as its pointless in modern day football.

In 20 years time most stadiums outside the top 6 will be half empty, with tourists or those with void in their hearts still believing in fairytales and of "doing a Leicester".
I can only speak for myself of course, but the day I let 11 mutli-millionaires who just randomly happen to be contracted to -for the time being- to the football club I happen to follow dictate my life/day/weekend/priorities/etc is the day I try to find a phone box and ask to be let out of the matrix.

As for the next 20 years: who knows. Right now, I think you're wrong: the EPL is sold out week after week, the tv deal has never been better, the wages go up and up, more and more countries want broadcast rights etc etc etc - but in general terms, I think this only serves to aid the "big six" in their plans for new league formats once the silly little serfs have pipped down/taken their faux outrage somewhere else.

As for dreams of "doing a Leics": at most it was a freak moment whislt the big boys were in all in transition, at worst it was a shot across the bow, and given the money involved in the Prem now for the big boys, not a chance that will ever ever ever happen again. Complete agreement with you on that.

Yes it is the best league financially etc. but is it the best league overall.....it's corrupt to the core. Yes the club will be in the you know what if we go down but I won't be pining to be back playing second fiddle to the Super League clubs funnily enough. The hearts been ripped out of it - particularly this season.

it is second fiddle if we go down

The super league was a replacement for the CL. The big 6 would still be competing in the premier league.
Yes I know - in THEIR format; which is why I tried to be clear that any "Super League" I would support would involve them leaving the Prem/EFL/English football setup. Two completely and entirely seperate leagues, if you will.

Meant to put Sheffield Wednesday! I’m not with it tonight!

My point is that these clubs that spend years in the Championship get no coverage. Sheffield Wednesday were once a huge club with huge attendances. I remember them beating Man Utd and the RS… and I’m talking the Prem years. Now no one has heard of them.

If we go down we will lose the future football supporters of this city to the RS.
Shamrock Rovers were relegated because of a points deduction. We came straight back and have the biggest fanbase in the country never mind Dublin. However it was a horrible experience

Hence why all the teeth gnashing towards Moshers and the board is pointless.

The horse has bolted the stables so to speak. Doesn't matter who owns us we'll forever(blue92) be playing in a corrupt competition with no hope of any future success or period of dominance.

The best thing for everyone is to treat Everton as a hobby rather than your life as its pointless in modern day football.

In 20 years time most stadiums outside the top 6 will be half empty, with tourists or those with void in their hearts still believing in fairytales and of "doing a Leicester".

that’s 20 years. it’s not now

We are going down...after today....we are down...Chelsea will drub us....Burnley are flying.
Let's face it we were shafted by Rafael...end of
Wigan away next season...maybe Sunderland . Fancy it ? Cardiff....Stoke....
Ffs....what a position to be in

We are too big to go down I heard today....are we [Poor language removed]...we may never return to the premiership

Look at Oldham premiership to non league

ha ha ha ha ha so you want to go

in the championship as an alternative?

sorry lad but no match going fan would want it
Spot on matty I go ,shacking like a leaf me mate gone through this wimbledon, Coventry here we go again. Head fell off then bloody ell here we go again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back