Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of people saying if we get relegated they're done is quite a shock tbh.
Thing is, both you and I know it's all bollocks and relegation or not we'll all be back again in August hoping for the best.

Everton aren't we ?‍♀️

I don’t understand anyone who lets the division dictate their following of a club. It’s Everton vs X each weekend regardless. If anyone “drops” us if we go down they’re just fluff fans.

The amount of people saying if we get relegated they're done is quite a shock tbh.
Thing is, both you and I know it's all bollocks and relegation or not we'll all be back again in August hoping for the best.

Everton aren't we ?‍♀️
Some people will take a step back though. This season has effected me far more than a game where people kick a ball around should. I dont think its healthy to be so engrossed in a hobby that makes me stressed and wake up thinking about relegation lol

You can't give up on Everton or we all would have by now. But things are different if we go down and its not overly dramatic to say it could take years to recover, if we even can recover.

Its the next generation and the future of the club that is at stake. The clubs reputation is shattered if we are in the championship. Our finances will be in a very worrying position. And where are the next generation of supporters coming from. Kids are not going to support Everton in this day and age if they have a team on their doorstep challenging for the champions league.

If it happens life goes on, but football won't be the same. And the way people view the club and their relationship with the club will change. We will all still want to win every Saturday, but this is going to be new to all of us.

Everton aren't we ?‍♀️
We will. But things can never be the same again.

We will be a humiliated club and we all will carry that humiliation, each and every one of us.

This is epochal. Almost 70 years since we were in the lower tier.

It'll break this club in so many ways it's almost impossible to list them.

We will be a humiliated club and we all will carry that humiliation, each and every one of us.

wow i agree!

Reactions: Lob
Some people will take a step back though. This season has effected me far more than a game where people kick a ball around should. I dont think its healthy to be so engrossed in a hobby that makes me stressed and wake up thinking about relegation lol

You can't give up on Everton or we all would have by now. But things are different if we go down and its not overly dramatic to say it could take years to recover, if we even can recover.

Its the next generation and the future of the club that is at stake. The clubs reputation is shattered if we are in the championship. Our finances will be in a very worrying position. And where are the next generation of supporters coming from. Kids are not going to supporters Everton in this day and age if they have a team on their doorstep challenging for the champions league.

If it happens life goes on, but football won't be the same. And the way people view the club and their relationship with the club will change.
So, when they need us the most, we turn our backs and step away?

Not this Evertonian.
They're reaping what was sown appointing a kopite. Its upset the football God's and this is our punishment.

I'll still be there no matter what league we're in.
I've put too much in over 50 years to walk away.

It could be a watershed moment for the club and it could also be the actual end. Not sure there is really a middle ground either with our finances. We either fix it quickly and start to run a sustainable club or we are just done.
Who knows. Worst case scenario, we sell the likes of Pickford and Mina and DCL and Richy for best part of £150m, then there's the likes of Gomes/Godfrey/Myko/Patterson/Gray/Gordon/Alli - roughly speaking £15m a piece if we're in the 2nd tier with no negotiating power.

Question becomes: can we reinvest wisely IF (big if) we have to sell 5-10 players to balance the books.

Maybe, maybe not.

Won't stop a single one of us checking the score first game of next season regardless of what league we're in

I’m confident we would be ok if we went down, we would soon get the hang of the championship and adapt to what we have to do. Imo we would come straight back up.
It's more for me about opening our eyes and figuring out how to properly run a club. If we do that we will obviously turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back