Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an arrogance from us throughout most of this season. Some crazy belief that there would definitely be three even crapper teams than us when we were rock bottom of the form table for month after month, with the opposition walking through us time after time. Anyone sounding the alarm was dismissed and told to stop wetting the bed.
I was one of those saying that we'd stay up by virtue of three teams worse than us. That was before the turn of the year though. Norwich, Watford and Burnley were nailed on as were Brentford who were in as much a free fall as us.
Be honest though other than their fixture against us, would you have guessed Burnley would go on the run they are in the midst of at present?
Our last chance of staying up, barring a win tomorrow, is wins against Watford and the two home games following. We ain't getting Jack at the Emirates.

we will see tomorrow if the players care

Pixstory-image-162756267067530.webp

Leeds get a result tonight, and we lose tomorrow and that's curtains.
Truly though, were that to happen, then I would simply accept it as Gods divine will that the shagite are to have their finest ever season! To do the quad and see their angry neighbours get punted into oblivion by the resurgent, Galactico performances of Leeds and Burnley. It will be the first time I have seen evidence of a masterplan for years and will actually be a relief!

I was one of those saying that we'd stay up by virtue of three teams worse than us. That was before the turn of the year though. Norwich, Watford and Burnley were nailed on as were Brentford who were in as much a free fall as us.
Be honest though other than their fixture against us, would you have guessed Burnley would go on the run they are in the midst of at present?
Our last chance of staying up, barring a win tomorrow, is wins against Watford and the two home games following. We ain't getting Jack at the Emirates.
Burnley always do this. Very predictable.

Imagine if we draw or lose against this Watford side.
Blimey, imagine if we had lost to them at Goodison. Er, hang on a mo............
yep

no convinction in finishing from anyone upfront.
So true. The defence, although horrific at times, has had so much grief and pressure because the forwards missed too many chances. How many times has it been said 'need to score there' or what have you, yet mostly the forwards have been given a fairly free ride.

Yes that's my glimmer too mate, but in reality the majority of our players don't have the steel in them Burnley players do to fight their way out of a mess. We'll also be lining up for the last 6 games without
a number 9 who can actually convert a chance. It's gutting.

3 points tomorrow is now more critical than I thought a couple of hours ago. I just hope the real Chelsea don't turn up.

Same here mate. They could easily bang 5 in against us if they are up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back