Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You supported a kopite who had our worst form in the premier league. You don't want to support the guy trying the fix the mess that was left. I've nothing else to say.

Cant keep harping on about the past.

Benitez left the club half way through the season in 16th.

We're now 18th.

Frankel has had half the season to turn us around like Alladyce did.

Stop with the silly excuses.

In the 90s i felt we lacked quality in multiple areas and could have lost any game we played in (aside from when Royle was manager).

If we had gone down there was no money at all in the bank and we'd have been in serious trouble as a club.

Most seasons it was a case of praying to reach enough pts to stay up before enjoying the football.

Now we have a multi-billionaire owner so the club wont be in financial trouble if we go down.

Theres a new stadium 2 years away.

We have some very exciting young players in the squad...alot of dross but something to build on

Chelsea, Leicester, Watford are really critical games that could set us up nicely for the final 3.

My hope is that at the end of the Brentford match we're safe or needing one result from the final two.

Honestly, if we survive I think there is so little to build upon. It's rip it up and start again time with a huge fight to stay up next season.

Never once blamed our troubles 100% on Lampard.

But its worrying how he bottles big games - FA Cup Final, Championship Play Off, Relegation 6 pointer against Burnley.

He's gotten away with murder because his name isnt Rafael Benitez.
Not even sure Lampard has had a full squad to choose from, there are tons of Injurys every week, and even before or during the games, we cant seem to get that touch of luck

Cant keep harping on about the past.

Benitez left the club half way through the season in 16th.

We're now 18th.

Frankel has had half the season to turn us around like Alladyce did.

Stop with the silly excuses.

And the key fact you continue to leave out. Lampard inherited a side who had won 1 of 15 games. That is entirely different to any other manager in the past. Allardyce inherited a side who had just won 4 nil ffs

You supported and continue to support a kopite with that shambolic record. You are entitled to do that if you want, but I will continue to remind you when you apply the most blatant double standards to lampard.

I don't think they will lose both to Arsenal and Chelsea. They create chances so have a punchers chance. I'd expect them to win at least 1 of their last 2 games as well.

Our only chance is to win tomorrow, then get something next week, and see where we are.
Leicester away is probably more winnable then the Chelsea game

Ok, indulge me:

City beat Leeds and it's likely they'll lose to Arsenal away next week.

So, that hands us 3 games to claw 5 points back.

Can / will we do that?
It is definitely doable mate. I am just not convinced that this Everton team can do it. Winning a single game doesn't happen very often for us currently and draws won't even catch us up. We need to be a completely team different from tomorrow and then anything is possible. Will believe that when i see it though. Tomorrow will tell us everything i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.