Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
All on us at the end of the day. No hiding place for any of these players now. They have an opportunity to get us out of this mess and keep a relegation off their resumes. I don't think they have it in them but i hope to feck they do.

Tbh mate that was probably 10 games ago. If we go i will forever look back at that burnley game. Some of the most amateurish defending ever. The most not lose game of the season. And gave them the best tonic ever that they could get out of it.
Norwich and watford follow closely. But burnley was 1 nail in the coffin.

The first half against Leicester was a load of rubbish. It was half arsed, passive, sit back, lethargic, piss poor dross. Our player lost their 1 v1 battle in every area for about 60 minutes.

And typical of you to blame it 100% on Lampard. Take your agenda somewhere else, I don't care.

Never once blamed our troubles 100% on Lampard.

But its worrying how he bottles big games - FA Cup Final, Championship Play Off, Relegation 6 pointer against Burnley.

He's gotten away with murder because his name isnt Rafael Benitez.

….you still burning a candle for Benitez after openly posting you’ll be happy with us being relegated.

Lampard has been poor but never forget Benitez was disastrous, this situation isn’t down to the Burnley game.
Benitez one win in fourteen, should have been sacked after half of those loses, most definitely after the Norwich game, not sure how many games he had after that but still he had more than enough time to get it right and didn’t.

Never once blamed our troubles 100% on Lampard.

But its worrying how he bottles big games - FA Cup Final, Championship Play Off, Relegation 6 pointer against Burnley.

He's gotten away with murder because his name isnt Rafael Benitez.

You supported a kopite who had our worst form in the premier league. You don't want to support the guy trying the fix the mess that was left. I've nothing else to say.

The first half against Leicester was a load of rubbish. It was half arsed, passive, sit back, lethargic, piss poor dross. Our player lost their 1 v1 battle in every area for about 60 minutes.

And typical of you to blame it 100% on Lampard. Take your agenda somewhere else, I don't care.

We had to win that. But the performance was shocking. I was unmoved by the late equaliser.

“Far worse”, no. Maybe marginally worse but no, not far worse by any stretch of the imagination. We could quite conceivably actually be gone before the final day.
Its not that bad. Liverpool could win 4 trophies for the good of the city. They are doing the heavy lifting.

Praise them

“Far worse”, no. Maybe marginally worse but no, not far worse by any stretch of the imagination. We could quite conceivably actually be gone before the final day.

What’s disappointing is if Leeds or Burnley were playing Arsenal away on the last day I’d be worried they’d get something. With our lot I’d hold zero hope of us getting anything.

How can you say that after recent performances?

We put a shift in against Utd, took a point against Leicester and worked our socks off against Liverpool at the pit.

If Lampard had better game management the Burnley game would have been a win/draw for us and their season wouldn't have kick started with a big win over us.

That game single handedly could cost us this season.
Whist the performances have improved recently mate, in the past 6 games we got 7 points out of the possible 18. That would relegate us if it happens in these final 6. In other words it is still not good enough, we have to do a lot better than that to survive.

Definitely agree with you about that Burnley game. Pretty much cost us the season that collapse. A season defining disgrace that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.