Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relegated by Palace? Boo @Alan Whittle
FF24A9CE-CC68-461A-85C4-C5178E58C372.webp

Most these from a couple weeks ago.

I'm doing this in the hope Leeds lose 4 and draw 1 of there next 4 games so i can happily have egg on my chubby chase.
You've quoted me among that and it's safe to say I've been wrong with my predictions all season and even at the end of last season.

Before Christmas I thought it was the usual hysteria from our fanbase online. I got that wrong.

But like Arsenal going on a 5 game winning streak and Leeds a 4 game one to jump above us last season after being mediocre all season, Burnley have now taken me by surprise with 10 points from 12 out of nowhere after losing to Norwich.

Don't know how it keeps happening at our expense.

Let's look at Leeds prospects against Arsenal and Chelsea - the s... hasn't hit the fan for them yet

Leeds 34- 34 -34
Everton 32-29 -21

8th Arsenal A
11th Chelsea H

(and then Brighton H - a team in great form away from home - as we play Brentford H)
(and then Brentford A as we play Arsenal A)

If Leeds should happen to get just 1 point from those 2 games it gives them

Leeds 36-35 -35 or more GD - and, hopefully, on a downward spiral.

We have 4 games outside the two mentioned above to get (probably need) 6 points or more. Now I am not saying they are easy - and nor are Leeds assured of getting just one point - but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that we have Chelsea H, Leicester A, Watford A and Palace H to close the gap whilst Leeds are inactive. Even 3 or 4 points from these 4 games potentially puts us right back next to them with a shot at overhauling them. That's how we deal with this, one game at a time.
I've been counting Arsenal away as a defeat for ages too but we aren't incapable of a draw there. It's just winning which we know we won't do in front of a packed Emirates.

An unexpected draw there could make the difference.

I've been counting Arsenal away as a defeat for ages too but we aren't incapable of a draw there. It's just winning which we know we won't do in front of a packed Emirates.

An unexpected draw there could make the difference.
The thought of having to rely on us to get a point at arsenal is anxiety inducing

The thought of having to rely on us to get a point at arsenal is anxiety inducing
I doubt we'd get it. Be better if 4th was secured for them, but if not from their own efforts, then it will be dodgy var or something to ensure we wouldn't get what we need.

Nope well yes

Despite a very valiant Everton are unfortunately relegated on the last day of the season after a 0-0 draw where Everton have a 95th minute winner rules out by VAR even though the Everton player is 5 yards onside. Then to compound the misery the RS win all 4.

The movie then fades to black
A few weeks earlier

I think the maximum amount of points that Leeds can accrue in their last 4 games which we will be feasibly able to overhaul is 4. Anything more than that I feel will be too big of an ask.

What works in our favour is we should be able to finish level with them and stay up due to the goal difference, which could possibly see a scenario whereby on the final day we only need to match their result to stay up. Dreamland stuff is we go into the final day 3 points ahead of them, so even if there's a result swing in their favour, they won't be able to get past our goal difference.

That Burnley win yesterday was gutting, and effectively makes them safe. They just need another win and maybe a draw now to get safe which given their form and fixtures is pretty much a formality.

They will not play Mendy, James, Azpi, Rudiger, Thiago, Alonso, Kante, Kovacic, Mount, Havertz or Werner. Basically anyone starting the FA Cup Final which is all Chelsea care about now.

That means Kepa, Kenedy, Chalobah, Sarr, Saul, RLC, Ziyech, Pulisic and Lukaku will come in, most of them do not have any loyalty to Frank. They will want to impress but they know the team is chosen and the season is over.

At a noisy Elland Road against a desperate Leeds who are playing well, I do not think they will want it enough.
If we were to get a results against Chelsea today their 3rd place would be at risk, and so I hope that it will be enough to motivate them.

You've quoted me among that and it's safe to say I've been wrong with my predictions all season and even at the end of last season.

Before Christmas I thought it was the usual hysteria from our fanbase online. I got that wrong.

But like Arsenal going on a 5 game winning streak and Leeds a 4 game one to jump above us last season after being mediocre all season, Burnley have now taken me by surprise with 10 points from 12 out of nowhere after losing to Norwich.

Don't know how it keeps happening at our expense.
If our lot weren't such big girls blouses we could do it as well. Dig in, be aggressive and you get luck.

It's us or Leeds for me now. *On paper* I still think the fixtures favour us slightly (I would rather play Brentford at home than Brighton at home for example). It is very fine margins now though. A minimum 4 points out of today and Leicester would give us the momentum we need I think and I think that is possible if we can show some fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back