Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbage.

His dead ball set pieces were light years ahead of Gordon’s at the moment. He scored goals as well. Ridiculous to discount his contribution.
Revisionism, an absolute passenger for much of his time here - he still hit the first man on many corners and his free kicks were mostly crap as well. Scored a few pens did he, whoop de doo - I’ll pass ta.

He was/is the most garbage awful record signing at any club in world football, but we’ve got the fraud here - no heart, a complete coward on the pitch, getting himself marked out of the game, fake pressing and non existent tackling - useless. Couldn’t even pass forward most of the time, the shithouse.

One of the reasons I'm reasonably confident next season would be better if we survive is just look at how tight the league is from 8th downwards. We could feasibly finish on 40 in 16th whilst Wolves or Brighton finish 8th and 9th respectively with just over 50. To think of the injuries, bad luck, and officials screwing us we've had to put up with this season, it's very realistic to aim for top half next season with a few new additions, and if our better players don't get injured for months at a time.

We simply have to stay in the PL, by hook or by crook.

Revisionism, an absolute passenger for much of his time here - he still hit the first man on many corners and his free kicks were mostly crap as well. Scored a few pens did he, whoop de doo - I’ll pass ta.

He was/is the most garbage awful record signing at any club in world football, but we’ve got the fraud here - no heart, a complete coward on the pitch, getting himself marked out of the game, fake pressing and non existent tackling - useless. Couldn’t even pass forward most of the time, the shithouse.

Yes he was crap and his poor attitude often spread around the team. Even in his 13 goal super season I think I worked out that 6 or 7 of them were consolations in games we lost anyway. He had one very specific useful skill which was putting an outswinging corner or free kick onto the penalty spot area, he was quite good at that to be fair. Not having to watch him walk around and get himself marked by opposition midfielders this season has been one of the chinks of daylight in the darkness.

If we beat Leicester we more than likely stay up. Lose and I think we will end up going to Arsenal last game needing something.
I think that all three clubs will have an interest in the last fixture. Running out of games for things to be clear cut going into the last weekend.

Yes he was crap and his poor attitude often spread around the team. Even in his 13 goal super season I think I worked out that 6 or 7 of them were consolations in games we lost anyway. He had one very specific useful skill which was putting an outswinging corner or free kick onto the penalty spot area, he was quite good at that to be fair. Not having to watch him this season has been one of the chinks of daylight in the darkness.
Think you are overlooking his greatest talent.

I think admittedly we have missed someone that can lob a set piece into an area. It’s astonished me how bad our current players are at taking corners. We really shouldn’t be struggling to find a set piece taker in this day and age with the money we’ve spent.
I find it mad that professional footballers, who are considered experts at their job and literally spend all day, every day mastering their craft, cant cross a ball.

Why I still find it absolutely baffling that Digne was told to stop going into the opposition half and crossing the ball, and was then sold when we have noone else that can cross a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.