Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been an utter embarrassment on the road all season. The fact that we've taken four points from our last two away games is nothing short of a miracle. Last Sunday was the first time we've nicked a league win on the road since August. Maybe some of you should stop thinking about how poor Watford have been at home, take a step back and remember how poor we are away from home. Last night was just the 10th point we've taken away from home all season. When your away from is that bad, any point you take on the road is a MASSIVE point gained. Earlier this season the teams heads would've gone at our inability to break down Watford and we'd almost certainly of gone on to lose 1-0. The fact that we didn't shows that the team is learning and that this manager knows what he's doing.

If we'd had lost last night, we'd be in a better position v Leeds than before but we didn't. We got a point extra v Leeds and Burnley

I think people are confusing their frustration with not sorting it last night and actual relegation
Good shout this. I would call our result last night ‘frustrating’, but with Leeds losing I still look at it as a point gained. Our relegation odds have actually lengthened with the bookies since yesterday afternoon, which highlights OVERALL, last night’s results were a positive

Brighton probably due a loss. We need have no worry that they won't approach it professionally as there are no points handed out for nothing but it's exactly the sort of game I'd expect Leeds to turn up for in front of their own fans.

It's about what we do in the next two games though. Post the euphoria of last Sunday, I still felt there would be at least one more fork in the road. Hopefully last night was it. It was simply never the case in my view that we would just smash the run-in and go on a extended winning streak.

And by extended, I mean three games. Even in better circumstances, that's dancing in the streets time. We just don't win enough games, and certainly don't win enough in succession. We were and remain a poor side with serious flaws.

I'm not sure I get the due a loss thing. They are in good form. I dont think we are due an away win, even though we probably are. If you kep losing games, theres probably a reason and it's your a poor team.

I've no doubt Leeds will be bang up up for it. Its hard to see them winning away. But last night was also one of those key games. A Chelsea side in far worse form than Brighton, with half an eye on the cup final, at home. No only did they not win, but they got trounced.

The evidence thus far would be, that Leeds dont really make the most of these key games.

It's a fool's game predicting single games, as football is a wide variety sport and anything can happen. But honestly, Leeds are underdogs to get a win Sunday for me. That pressure on them can also go 2 ways.

Our focus, is needing to win at least 1 of the 2 winnable home games we have left.

If we'd drawn at Leicester and won at Watford no one would be complaining now. 2 winnable (but not easy) home games coming up. Let's win them then we're on 42 points and safe.
True, but when we get the win at The foxes that many didnt think could happen (there was some) in the 1st of those 2, you would expect us to ram it home and try and get the win v a team that were relegated in the 2nd, no clean sheets for a while, on a home losing streak and with a lot of the team out, yet we just didnt want it enough for me, we have gone to looking like we could be relegated, to we could be safe to now putting pressure on ourselves, and needing that win which is not a cert just because we are at home

Leeds will beat Brighton. Their lot will be right up for it and Brighton have absolutely nothing to play for 2-0 to Leeds. We have got two decent teams to play yet in Brentford and Palace, who have both beaten us comfortably this season. Sorry all but this result has put us in massive danger again.

People were saying last night they'd give Chelsea a scare with their home support and being "right up for it" and they lost their heads and got gubbed.

The contentment at our performance from the manager and players was appalling. I'd have been screaming at the lack of urgency even if we were mid table.

If you're a Leeds fan, you know you've got one more chance against Brighton to put the pressure right back on us. They win that and it's going to be a horrible 90 minutes at Goodison.
Or Goodison and the fans dig their heels in again and make it a great 90 minutes.

We've been an utter embarrassment on the road all season. The fact that we've taken four points from our last two away games is nothing short of a miracle. Last Sunday was the first time we've nicked a league win on the road since August. Maybe some of you should stop thinking about how poor Watford have been at home, take a step back and remember how poor we are away from home. Last night was just the 10th point we've taken away from home all season. When your away from is that bad, any point you take on the road is a MASSIVE point gained. Earlier this season the teams heads would've gone at our inability to break down Watford and we'd almost certainly of gone on to lose 1-0. The fact that we didn't shows that the team is learning and that this manager knows what he's doing.
I'm absolutely gutted we didn't get the job done but this post nails it. You have the worst team on the road play the worst team at home. 0-0 isn't exactly a shocking result. Disappointing but predictable.

Will be watching Leeds v Brighton with just as much interest as our game, a loss is absolutely huge and means we need 1 point from 3 games to ensure survival.

I can’t wait for this season to be over and for Frank and Kev to absolutely obliterate this bunch of overpaid wasters. Need an entire culture change at the club, moving away from big wages for nothing players.

True, but when we get the win at The foxes that many didnt think could happen (there was some) in the 1st of those 2, you would expect us to ram it home and try and get the win v a team that were relegated in the 2nd, no clean sheets for a while, on a home losing streak and with a lot of the team out, yet we just didnt want it enough for me, we have gone to looking like we could be relegated, to we could be safe to now putting pressure on ourselves, and needing that win which is not a cert just because we are at home
Yeah I get your point. I could regret saying this later, but I think we were right to prioritise keeping it tight at the back and avoiding defeat first and foremost. Going more gung ho might have left us vulnerable at the back to concede more. Like you say we're not guaranteed to win the next 2 but we've been very good at home recently.

People were saying last night they'd give Chelsea a scare with their home support and being "right up for it" and they lost their heads and got gubbed.
Leeds are not as good as home as is is made out, only wins v Norwich, Burnley ,Palace at home, since the end of November, though to be fair i Thought they could get at leasta draw v chelsea but again i didnt think they would get a early Red card, and again get away just like v Arsenal getaway with not getting a 2nd Red card

They don't have any players

Huge injury list now including Raphinia
Ayling and James suspended

I can't see them winning at all, I certainly can't see Brighton losing.

That said, stranger things have happened, just wish we had put it to bed last night to take the pressure off

Brighton aren't good at putting the ball in the net, so there is always a chance of beating them

It's mad.

They went on a 5-game unbeaten run, which yes while fortunate, only ended because they played Man City.

They'll have Elland Road full on behind them because, well, frankly, it's just Brighton.

They also know that it puts all of the pressure back on us.

I would not be surprised at all if we start the Brentford game below Leeds. I equally would not be surprised to see us start that game only needing a point to ensure safety.
You no how much pressure Leeds are under? They got to win 2 games without Dallas Ayling and James. Rathina went off injured as well. All the pressure is on them not us. They have to beat Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.