Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets acknowledge - The unlikely nightmare Sunday scenario is both Burnley and Leeds pick up points earlier in the day and we need a win against Brentford to pull us out of the bottom 3 again. Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

There's absolutely no way either of those two chump clubs get maximum points on Sunday.

I'm pretty sure we'll have chance when we take to the pitch at 4.30 Sunday to better what Leeds have done earlier and end this nightmare.

I'm thinking Leeds get beat and we'll need a point - and we'll get all 3.

Last edited:
There's absolutley either of thse two chump clubs get maximum points on Sunday.

I'm pretty sure we'll have chance when we take to the pitch at 4.30 Sunday to better what Leeds have done earlier and end this nightmare.

I'm thinking Leeds get beat and we'll need a point - and we'll get all 3.
The self belief we have will be too much for Watford to handle. Our players know that before we get back to Goodison they can have this wrapped up.

STOP

I know after years of being Evertoned, we're naturally pessimistic.....But perhaps we could change the thread title to survival. Baby steps and all that.

Lets acknowledge - The unlikely nightmare Sunday scenario is both Burnley and Leeds pick up points earlier in the day and we need a win against Brentford to pull us out of the bottom 3 again. Lets hope it doesn't come to that.
If Leeds and Burnley both won, we’d need one point against Brentford to get out of the bottom 3 on goal difference. Hopefully we end up in a better state than that.

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 16.05.52.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 16.09.01.png

I don't think we've been involved in many twists and turns at all... despite the terrible form since October, we only fell into the bottom 3 the day of the RS loss, then got out of it as soon as we could, by winning our next 2 games.
I'd disagree. There's been plenty. Losing to Burnley and their resurgence. Leeds getting dragged back in. We were 5 adrift and now we're ahead. It could flip again.

City there just scoring 5 times the amount of goals as us.
...and only 4 conceded in the last 6 games.

I think the penny dropped with Lampard after the Burnley game that getting airtight at the back was the way forward. He even brought that mentality into a fixture last night we could win 8/10...but why change the overall strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.