Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think a win is beyond us (despite beating Chelsea, Leicester away, Man Utd and arsenal in recent memory)

Then two draws would leave us with 38, with Leeds winning. They'd be on 38 and go down.

So no

A draw against Palace could still be useful to us. Would mean both Burnley and Leeds would need to win if Burnley can’t beat Villa.

Newcastle beating Arsenal tomorrow would now be good for us. Spurs have Norwich last game so if Arsenal drop behind them they will probably be resigned to not making top 4

To be fair we didnt fold 11 v 11. Game just completely changed on 18 mins. Up to them we'd had 6 efforts at goal to their 1.
Yeah fair enough. I thought we were so poor that first twenty in second half. Needed to be braver on the ball - Lampard needed to change it up and players needed to keep their heads. Gave Brentford too much respect and let eriksen dictate it.

Then we have to rely on Brentford beating Leeds or we’re down because we’re not getting anything at Arsenal.
Nah. Arsenal are worse than City, Chelsea and RS and we should have taken points of all of them.

They have a young squad under immense pressure.

Hopefully we won't need to buy they're not all that..

Even if they’re a good side they could beat them. It’s football. It’s what I’ve been saying for the last 12 weeks when everyone was telling me that Burnley wouldn’t get another point or Leeds would to far gone to worry about.

If we don’t beat Palace, IMO, we’re down
Look is not a done deal all 3 teams have looked poor. We have a chance again on thursday i get the reaction but we have a game more just have to get it done

I'm not optimistic in the slightest mate, figured we were down after the Norwich debacle, but I'm not gonna pretend going down is the same as staying up. One gives us a prem season to right the wrongs, the other cuts our budget by about 70%, forces a fire sale, and needs us to finish top two
Staying up obviously isn't the same as going down. Its just means having another season like the one we're currently having. Better then the alternative? Sure but I'm not going to pretend that I'm looking forward to or be happy about. The club is in absolute ruins.

DCL….”it’s still in our hands”

FFS lad, v Watford it was, today it was, in fact look at all the points we’ve dropped in games we should have won over the season.

I hate DCL, he’s a terrible footballer, and he’s clueless.

What an absolute weapon he is.

Even if they’re a good side they could beat them. It’s football. It’s what I’ve been saying for the last 12 weeks when everyone was telling me that Burnley wouldn’t get another point or Leeds would to far gone to worry about.

If we don’t beat Palace, IMO, we’re down

If we don't beat Palace, we just have to hope Brentford take that game as seriously as they did today. We know how hard Arsenal away is going to be. We shouldn't write it off but we're asking for a 1 in 10 chance of winning coming off.

still up to Everton. Win against Palace and we stay up. I’m convinced we would of battered them today with 11, playing 70 minutes with 10 men was never going to end well. Palace or bust as Arsenal will be desperate for points on the last day.
settling for a point against a decimated and dreadful Watford team is beginning to look a bit silly but we will know for sure on Thursday just how silly

Status
Not open for further replies.