Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
With our squad though? And with whom we have left to play? You see, I respectfully disagree. I think Leeds/Burnley will have taken a real boost watching our 'collapse' yesterday.

You think Leeds would rather be in their own position with 1 game left to play, than be in our position with the opportunity to secure safety at home before they next kick a ball? Bizarre but ok.

Leeds have had two very important players red carded and another key player lost to injury in the last three games.

Their squad is as threadbare as ours.

They`ve taken one point from the last last fifteen.

They have one game left, which is away to a team that are bang in form and have a unique talent in Christian Erickson, who is on fire at the mo.

Oh and they also have a manager, who thinks everything is " fine " and quotes Mother Theresa.

I`m sure the Leeds fans would much rather be sat where we are, rather than relying on Hail Marys at the weekend.

Burnley are also lacking numbers. Their bench was thread bare against Spurs. We are all in the same boat in terms of numbers missing.

Let’s get to Thursday first without worrying about Sunday.

Sure Leeds can win but I think people are getting too emotional and thinking the worst because that’s what we tend to do. Take us out the equation and I’d back Brentford.

All this goes away with a win vs Palace though. That needs to be our focus.

You think Leeds would rather be in their own position with 1 game left to play, than be in our position with the opportunity to secure safety at home before they next kick a ball? Bizarre but ok.

Our position is absolutely better, but if we don't win on Thursday then we're in a very precarious position. Both our rivals have a winnable game and we don't.

We need to win. That means doing whatever it takes. We need to show the right kind of desperation.

Leeds have had two very important players red carded and another key player lost to injury in the last three games.

Their squad is as threadbare as ours.

They`ve taken one point from the last last fifteen.

They have one game left, which is away to a team that are bang in form and have a unique talent in Christian Erickson, who is on fire at the mo.

Oh and they also have a manager, who thinks everything is " fine " and quotes Mother Theresa.

I`m sure the Leeds fans would much rather be sat where we are, rather than relying on Hail Marys at the weekend.
I watched the end of MOTD on iPlayer earlier and Jermaine Jenas parting words of wisdom after being asked who he thought was in the best position to escape said Leeds. The cocky so and so obviously doesn't know what he is talking about ?

If he actually believes this then he should go put some of his considerable fortune down on them to do it. As you inferred Ericsson will run them out of town and out the Premier league on his own.

In a bizarre way, yes.
From a Leeds perspective, knowing full well that Everton have two hugely difficult fixtures coming up within days of each other, whilst they just have to win their final game against a bang average Brentford side (who'll be keen to use this as an exhibition match), I'd be feeling very optimistic.

In a bizarre way, yes.
From a Leeds perspective, knowing full well that Everton have two hugely difficult fixtures coming up within days of each other, whilst they just have to win their final game against a bang average Brentford side (who'll be keen to use this as an exhibition match), I'd be feeling very optimistic.

Your reasoning makes absolutely not a bit of sense whatsoever. Do you care to explain how Palace at home is “hugely difficult” yet Brentford away is just a stroll in the park? They’re above Palace.

Just been told by Man City fan that the best thing for us is to be relegated and start fresh and that Everton needs a full refresh, Pompous kn@b, not one iota of understanding of what that could lead too.

Then I remembered that he used to walk around in a Utd shirt years ago, of course he claimed I was mistaken then his misses piped up “Yes you did, you were Utd mad”

Never thought a human could go from normal to red and then purple so fast without it being a medical reason.

????? I don’t think it will be all love and harmony at theirs tonight.

In a bizarre way, yes.
Why is Palace at home harder than Brentford away?!

As much as I hate the thought of it going down to the final game, I’m not totally writing the Arsenal match off. We have mostly been good against the big 4/5 - not beyond the realms we grab a point.

The way I try and twist this godawful mess into a positive situation is that we have many more escape options than leeds and Burnley.

. If we all lose our games then we stay up
. If we beat palace we stay up
. If we draw against palace and Arsenal we stay up
. If we lose both games and Burnley only pick up one point we stay up
. If we lose both games and Leeds don’t beat Brentford we stay up
. If we beat Arsenal we stay up

Leeds - have to win their last game to get above us
Burnley - have to win at least one game to get out of the relegation zone.

Give me any of those above options right now.

The point been made is that we are in a better position CURRENTLY then Leeds or Burnley.
Surely that is indisputable

Of course it's true. But we need to win the game against Palace, or we will be relying on other sides.

Thursday is a great opportunity and an opportunity at home that Leeds don't have. But my nerves are shot at the same time.

I'm not comparing the difficulty of facing Crystal Palace and Brentford. I'm comparing us with Leeds. Leeds, in my view, seem to have that little something extra to their squad that will see them through a bang average Brentford team. Leeds also have the luxury of having more time to recover for their match on Sunday. We don't. And our squad is absolutely depleted. That's the point I'm trying to make. Just my opinion

Because we need to live in the worst case scenario at all times. If we were playing Norwich on Thursday then all their players would be playing with freedom and looking to put themselves in the shop window so we’d deffo lose.

So unbelievably sick and tired of this thread. It’s put 15 years on me itself, on top of Everton being crap.

Palace spanked us like a judge being spanked by his mistress not so long ago.
We are out on our arse, player wise. The ones we have got have been through the emotional ringer this season.
Us getting anything from Thursday is not in any way a foregone conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.