Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed - whatever happens at Newcastle tonight, Arsenal have to for it on Sunday. Their goal difference is inferior to Tottenham’s.
Yeah, I can really see Spurs faltering at Norwich. If Newcastle hang on Spurs need a draw only, unless Arsenal blop double figures past us.

Newcastle looking better than I have seen them. Need to match Burnley's result at worse on Thursday. If both Burnley and Leeds need to win to overtake us the odds are in our favour

Arsenal will be 14 goals behind. It’s over for them if they lose here. Mentally they will know. This gives us a better chance Sunday and also gives Newcastle confidence to go to Burnley

Look at the positives

All season pretty much Arsenal have turned it on when there hasn't been pressure on them. We might have been better off if they needed to win to get CL football, that way they'd probably choke.

We just need to get the job done on Thursday.

We have more points then them. They still have to pass us.
Their squads are as bad. Hence the position they are in. Is Palace at home a harder fixture then Brentford away?
Brentford will be celebrating their survival in the Prem with their home game on the last day of the season. No way Frank (nor their supporters) will allow them to take the foot off the gas. If I was a Leeds supporter, I would be absolutely brickin' it with regard to that fixture...

I must admit I was thinking a last day need a result scenario at the Emirate’s would be curtains for us but watching Arsenal they are bigger bottle jobs than Everton. Anyway, all academic as we will beat Palace and can enjoy playing Arsenal with no pressure ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.