Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to put money on it then I’d say we’d be going.

Fans will be expected to pick up this team every home game, they obviously are incapable of getting results away from home. That Newcastle and Southampton performance was as bad as anything Benitez produced.

Would bite someone’s hand off for 17th position at end of season. Just too many poor players. A defence that contains Coleman,Keane,Kenny, Holgate and a midfield using Gomes and Iwobi is Championship standard. Allowed ourselves to get carried away with Iwobi actually running last week and JJK doing a couple of Cryuff turns. We are bang in trouble with another likely loss next Saturday night.

Thing is you didnt want to burst the feel good bubble but you had to look at the opposition and quietly think was that good or was it leeds.
Sort of knew this southampton performance and result was coming.

Don't see any fighters in this team.

There was fight last match. They just cant do it away from home, like every Everton team in recent memory bar the freak COVID season. This isn't a performance that is out of the ordinary based on the last few years, it just feels terrible because of the horrendous run of results over previous months. Im still confident enough that we will put in improved performances at home to see us safe.

Under Lampard we have Played 4. Won 2 at home. Lost 2 away from home. That pretty standard Everton form and an improvement on Benitez at least.

Watford v Palace and Burnley v Spurs are big games midweek. If either of them record back to back wins then I'll be even more worried.

Feels like we’ll never win another game after each loss, feels like relegation is a mile away after the Brentford and Leeds wins. It’s going to get hairy in the next two games against City and Spurs.

I think we’ve got just enough but the teams below us have nothing to lose and can play with no fear. It’s us and Brentford absolutely panicking now. Hopefully the bottom three are too far gone but we’re in danger of being the team that looks most likely to replace one of one suddenly finds some form.

We are by far the worst side in this league and have been for the last 3 or 4 months.

The sacking of the kopite was at least 5 games too late. I’d be surprised if we are not within a point or two of the bottom 3 after Spurs game

1997 all over again this

Brentford and Leeds. Two teams we're easily better then and unable to buy a win now.

Norwich, Burnley and Watford not great at all but starting to show some fight at last.

I still don't think we will get relegated even if we get pasted by City, I think will have enough at home to keep us up. Brentford are nosediving down the league as well.
Based on what we seen against Brentford and Leeds I'd agree but Watford and Burnley picking up 3 points today really puts the pressure on but they have to do that consistently to drag us down to the bottom 3. Maybe they can do that, hopefully they don't and hopefully we can pick up results fast.

I think most of us knew we weren't winning today, this team shouldn't be where they are based on talent and skill but mentally we are a mess, so this was expected by most. I was happy with a point away from home if we could get it but we crapped the bed again.

I still think we'll pick up a few shock results and a few expected results and it'll hopefully be enough to get us across the line. Lampard needs time no matter what, Benitez was given too much and that's why we're here so Lampard needs afforded as much time to fix it and all we can do now is get behind them at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back