Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that confident that it will, just think its our best chance. We will probably need an away win at some point too to be safe
we need 5 wins to stay up and have won 6 all season.

My only hope is we have one good week - because we're gonna have weeks of 3 games in 7 days etc - where the confidence finally gets going just for a flash and that that could be enough to get us through

But Christ it's going to be horrendously close

If we'd sacked Benitez in December, we'd have avoided this.

we need 5 wins to stay up and have won 6 all season.

My only hope is we have one good week - because we're gonna have weeks of 3 games in 7 days etc - where the confidence finally gets going just for a flash and that that could be enough to get us through

But Christ it's going to be horrendously close

If we'd sacked Benitez in December, we'd have avoided this.
I think 4 and a couple of draws is enough

Not that confident that it will, just think its our best chance. We will probably need an away win at some point too to be safe
I’d say it’s our only chance and it’s a slim one at that. The 3 teams below us have better away records than us. We’ve got 6 points away all season.

Wolves at home, West Ham away, Man United at home, the rs away, Chelsea at home, Leicester away and Arsenal away. Those are the most difficult fixtures on paper.

Can we get enough points from home games against the geordies, Crystal Palace Brentford, and Watford away.

The latter ones are the easier games on paper. We probably need to win three out of four, from the geordies, Palace, Brentford and Watford games.

Really we've got to hope that our home form is good enough, and that we somehow scrape enough points from the away games imo.

Last edited:
Wolves at home, West Ham away, Man United at home, the rs away, Chelsea at home, Leicester away and Arsenal away. Those are the most difficult fixtures on paper.

Can we get enough points from home games against the geordies, Crystal Palace and Brentford, and Watford away.

The latter ones are the easier games on paper. We probably need to win three out of four, from the geordies, Palace, Brentford and Watford games.

Really we've got to hope that our home form is good enough, and that we somehow scrape enough points from the away games imo.
And Burnley, dont forget them, but if we lose to them, in fact we have 3 six points game, its on them.

The next two games will define our entire season and our fate imo. If we can play like we did against Man City and get six points from our next two games against Wolves and Newcastle at home then I think we'll be fine. If we drop points in either of them (never mind both) then I think we're toast.:(

I think 4 and a couple of draws is enough
well yeah, 13-15 points is probably enough so I don't care how we get them but I basically don't see us not losing to Arsenal (A), Liverpool (A), Chelsea (H), Newcastle (H) so that's down to 9 games already. I don't see us winning at Watford, I don't see us getting anything at Burnley... We have to somehow win/not lose 4-5 of the rest. Leicester will likely do us.

I think we're down, I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.