Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet...that might have been their last win of the season...not sure they are going to get many more points...

When they go in the bottom 3 I will look at them. Our only worry is Burnley. Collect more points than them in the remaining games and we are safe regardless of any other team

Think a draw would have been better there. We need to win anyway tomorrow. Another win for Brentford and they likely join Newcastle as out of it meaning there’s fewer teams again we’re fighting with. Saying that, it’s completely in our own hands. We go down from here and it’s totally deserved.

I know really this is the best result for us but it doesn't feel great watching Brentford move away from us, especially with Leeds at home to Norwich tomorrow. Burnley have an easier run in and also us at home so we don't really want it to come down to JUST us or them.
If we can't finish above them OR Leeds - one will do - then I really don't think our salty tears are appropriate. We will fully merit our demotion.

I'm not saying we'll definitely stay up, but if we can't put Leeds or Burnley between us and the bottom two, then we have no business in the top flight. I'm pretty comfortable about our position, to be honest. Any kind of half-arsed side could do the needful. If our lot can't, we have zero complaints.

There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be taking 6 points this week

68f68d.webp

If we can't finish above them OR Leeds - one will do - then I really don't think our salty tears are appropriate. We will fully merit our demotion.

I'm not saying we'll definitely stay up, but if we can't put Leeds or Burnley between us and the bottom two, then we have no business in the top flight. I'm pretty comfortable about our position, to be honest. Any kind of half-arsed side could do the needful. If our lot can't, we have zero complaints.
Tend to agree but with our lot I still think we'll contrive to stay up more by default than our own efforts. They'll ensure we keep biting our nails for as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back