Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a weird way if someone had offered Everton fans 6 points from Newcastle West Ham Burnley United before that run of games I think everyone would have taken it.

It’s annoying that we gave Burnley a shot in the arm but 6 points out of 4 games is still decent going for where we are in the table.
I’m hoping that we are slowly turning the corner, West Ham and Burnley were two games we should have got points out of…we haven’t been particularly close at getting points away from home prior to that, hoping that lampsrd has found a system that works, performances have improved gradually and we continue to progress.

it’s going to be tight but we have winnable home games.

In a weird way if someone had offered Everton fans 6 points from Newcastle West Ham Burnley United before that run of games I think everyone would have taken it.

It’s annoying that we gave Burnley a shot in the arm but 6 points out of 4 games is still decent going for where we are in the table.

Plus, you know if we beat Burnley then no way would we have won today

Still in enormous trouble. Leeds winning.
obviously we won’t be relegated if Burnley lose week in week out but you can’t rely on that.

No margin for error still - next game is a must win.

Of course we’ll be in trouble until we’re mathematically safe. No one thinks we’re safe after winning today. But you cannot and will not spin a Leeds win today as a negative, I’m sorry.

You’re probably right but would have been better if we beat Burnley and lost today given the position we are in

True, but I'd say this result will give us more confidence than a narrow Burnley win and a beating here which will be needed for the rest season

But who really knows tbh

Of course we’ll be in trouble until we’re mathematically safe. No one thinks we’re safe after winning today. But you cannot and will not spin a Leeds win today as a negative, I’m sorry.
It is a negative because they’ve got a substantially tougher run in than Burnley

It clearly is a negative though mate. Its one team now safe who if they hadn't won today would have gone behind us if we beat Leicester in our next fixture.

Watford were never going to finish ahead of Burnley considering the remaining fixtures. We are now in what looks like a shootout with Burnley and if they beat Norwich we are a point ahead with worse goal difference. Burnley have much easier fixtures than us too.

If Leeds didn't win today I would massively fancy them as an easier target to come ahead of rather than Burnley. They in fact still might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back