Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It clearly is a negative though mate. Its one team now safe who if they hadn't won today would have gone behind us if we beat Leicester in our next fixture.

Watford were never going to finish ahead of Burnley considering the remaining fixtures. We are now in what looks like a shootout with Burnley and if they beat Norwich we are a point ahead with worse goal difference. Burnley have much easier fixtures than us too.

If Leeds didn't win today I would massively fancy them as an easier target to come ahead of rather than Burnley. They in fact still might be.

We did win today though. When the team play ok, they are a much better team that Burnley. We might now play Watford when they are down, and that's good

It is a negative because they’ve got a substantially tougher run in than Burnley
Can’t even look at run ins and decipher who is tougher to play. It’s the business end of the season and there are going to be strange results. Big game for Burnley tomorrow, let’s see if they can stand up to the pressure.

We have had points against Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs , United x 2 and lost against the bottom three.

Burnley are absolutely crap and it is definitely possible they could get beat by Norwich tomorrow. They had only won 3 all season before we gifted them 3 goals. Granted Norwich are crap too but they have the home advantage. It is a case of who is crapper in this one and hopefully that will Burnley.

Burnley are absolutely crap and it is definitely possible they could get beat by Norwich tomorrow. They had only won 3 all season before we gifted them 3 goals. Granted Norwich are crap too but they have the home advantage. It is a case of who is crapper in this one and hopefully that will Burnley.
Definite this mate. Burnley winning tomorrow is no given. Them Norwich players will hopefully be putting themselves in the shop window and deliver a performance.

It is a negative because they’ve got a substantially tougher run in than Burnley
Burnely and big mouth Dyche (i know, its easy to talk after today) have had 4 wins from 29. We have 8 wins from 30.

Looking at the stats the last 10 years only one time 9 wins wasnt enough for survival. Burnley has a whole lot more to prove than we.

One win over Leicester and we are probably good. For good measure, Norwich also have just 4 wins and Watford 6. this season. They are done for sure.

Also, if we can win from man u, we can win from other top 6 teams that havent been in good standings lately. Arse nal for instance. No, after today - maybe foolishly - i feel very confident.

Burnely and big mouth Dyche (i know, its easy to talk after today) have had 4 wins from 29. We have 8 wins from 30.

Looking at the stats the last 10 years only one time 9 wins wasnt enough for survival. Burnley has a whole lot more to prove than we.

One win over Leicester and we are probably good. For good measure, Norwich also have 4 wins and Watford 6. this season. They are done for sure.

Also, if we can win from man u, we can win from other top 6 teams that havent been in good standings lately. Arse nal for instance. No, after today - maybe foolishly - i feel very confident.
My concern is Dyche has form in these types of situations. He’s actually proved himself multiple times over.

My concern is Dyche has form in these types of situations. He’s actually proved himself multiple times over.
I hadnt seen Burnely in a while, but the game vs us, at their home turf moor, they looked shaggy and all over the place. Conversely, at home, we look back were we should and very potent. Even under Carlo we hadnt performances we had lately at Goodison. Dyche maybe has form, but his team is very dodgy atm.

I hadnt seen Burnely in a while, but the game vs us, at their home turf moor, they looked shaggy and all over the place. Conversely, at home, we look back were we should and very potent. Even under Carlo we hadnt performances we had lately at Goodison. Dyche maybe has form, but his team is very dodgy atm.
We beat Leicester and I’ll start to believe we have the upper hand.

Until that match is played it’s 50/50 between us and Burnley in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back