Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said for ages now that everything hinges on our home games. Forget away results because its not happening with this team. The only away game that we might nick a point from is Watford. Its all about making out last four games feel like cup finals and limping over the line.
Also a few of them are night games, Goodison under floodlights, the Leicester game and Palace will be electric

I made peace with our fate a while back. If we go down then sobeit but if we don't we need to sort our s..t out and stop wasting money on PL wasters. For me, 50 plus years match going and titles to remember, relegation would be hard to take but not impossible. For my son though, hardly remembering the FA Cup win and precious little else, it would be a real blow and one I couldn't take for him..

So come on Everton sort yourselves out and more of the same from today.

Only if you’re not playing catch up. If we’re 3 or 4 points behind with two games in hand we’re in real trouble.

In those 2 games if we had normally settled to consolidate a draw we would now know in advance we need 3pts so we could go for it.

With a draw Watford and Burnley could take each other down last night

Last night? You mean when they play each other they could doom themselves?

I reckon Burnley will pick up a fair few points and get just above us by end of April...but we'd have 2 games on them.

In those 2 games if we had normally settled to consolidate a draw we would now know in advance we need 3pts so we could go for it.

Last night? You mean when they play each other they could doom themselves?

I reckon Burnley will pick up a fair few points and get just above us by end of April...but we'd have 2 games on them.
Last night, I meant last day haha but yeah, saying that it could be all over by then

The reality is that we have a lifeline again to safety. Nothing more than that.

I think we're going to have to win on the road and get a draw to go with another couple of home wins.

Then we'll just have to see if Burnley can match 38 points.

The Burnley defeat was damaging.

Sorry to add that sour note on a decent day for us, but we really need some exceptional results to make sure we're safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back