Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got images of you being the only "fan" actually willing Everton to go down against Wimbledon and again in the 97-98 season. "Yeah, the house is a mess. Let's just burn it down and start again. Much easier"

To say that getting relegated would actually help Everton is absolute nonsense. How many teams have been relegated in the Premier league era and come back better after it? West Ham off the top of my head and even then that's taken how long to get to what they are now? Man City but that was pretty FFP and a phenomenal injection of cash.
We have absolutely no chance of going down, we’ve had worse teams, and managers and still been comfy at the end of the season.
But, if by some freak of nature, we did.
We would have absolutely no chance of coming up the next season.

Whilst BMD is being built yes - but post BMD having a 53k stadium in the championship with a billionaire owner, PL parachute money and a solid base to build from we would be back up within 12 months likely with a new chairman, DOF, board and actual fighters/hard workers in the squad keen to put a shift in.

Mates a Villa fan and he said relegation was the best thing that happened to them in hindsight as they were treading water under Randy Lerner / their then board and would have been in a loop of mediocrity for years had they managed to stop up.

Wont happen anyway we are miles too good to finish bottom 3 but its not the doomsday scenario many fans paint it as once our finances have improved.
The delusion is strong in this one

we would be back up within 12 months likely with a new chairman
Is there any guarantee we'd have a new chairman (or owner or board for that matter) - and even if we did, what if they end up being like the Oystons or Mike Ashley or the people at Charlton/Pompey/Bolton/Sunderland etc. Look what happened there.

Plus, I wonder how many Leeds fans would have ever believed they'd be out the Prem for 15 years or how many West Ham fans said all those years ago "nothing to worry about, we've got Carrick and Lampard and Rio and Joe Cole and Defoe - we'll be back by xmas!"

We have 15 points now and if we can get 20+ by January, we are fine, no Europe but looking to get Top 10.

From now and January we have:
Brentford A - draw/win
Liverpool H - loss/draw
Palace A - draw/win
Chelsea A - loss/draw
Leicester H - draw/win
Burnley A - draw/win
Newcastle H - draw/win

Honestly if we can get Mina, DCL and Doucoure back early December, I can see between 5 to best case 15 points. If I was a betting man, I'd say 9/10 points.

We have to find Allan a partner in the middle of the park possiblity Delph or Onyango and use Doucoure higher which will push teams back.

It is gonna be a tough December but a win v Brentford would be huge and give us a boost.

Brentford A - 2-3 (leading 2-1 with 20 minutes to go, the Everton That moment)
Liverpool H - 0-6 (embarrassing)
Arsenal H 0-1 late goal
Palace A - 0-2
Chelsea A - 0-4 (embarrassing)

17th

Leicester H - 2-2 (as it often is)
Burnley A - 1-0
Newcastle H - 1-1

5 points.

Is there any guarantee we'd have a new chairman (or owner or board for that matter) - and even if we did, what if they end up being like the Oystons or Mike Ashley or the people at Charlton/Pompey/Bolton/Sunderland etc. Look what happened there.

Plus, I wonder how many Leeds fans would have ever believed they'd be out the Prem for 15 years or how many West Ham fans said all those years ago "nothing to worry about, we've got Carrick and Lampard and Rio and Joe Cole and Defoe - we'll be back by xmas!"

What would we be missing out on? Finishing 8th-12th every season, derby humiliations and bent decisions favouring the ESL clubs?

Like I said mate my life wouldn't change whatever league Everton were playing in - would still support them, go the games etc im not a Sky/PL fanboy you follow your club through thick and thin, ups and downs what its all aboot!

What would we be missing out on? Finishing 8th-12th every season, derby humiliations and bent decisions favouring the ESL clubs?

Like I said mate my life wouldn't change whatever league Everton were playing in - would still support them, go the games etc im not a Sky/PL fanboy you follow your club through thick and thin, ups and downs what its all aboot!
But you want to compete with the best otherwise nobody would want to get promoted just so you can wallop Stoke and Stanley .
We all love watching us have at a go at teams like Wolves , Arsenal and Watford instead of the likes of QPR and Derby . Yeah , I miss those days too .

I hear you to some degree and get what you're saying (at the end of the day it's multi millionaires kicking a ball about who don't really care about the fans or the club, its a job, there 90 minutes a week doesn't determine my life), but by the same token, we could be talking absolute armageddon for a club we all love. I don't want that. I don't want to see one of the most successful clubs in the country over 100+ years playing against Luton in the 3 tier talking about how we all thought we'd gatecrash the top 4 when Moshiri arrived. In the short term, we are indeed a mid table Prem outfit, but we "should" be able to get it right from top to bottom and do/be what the likes of Leicester currently are: a well-oiled machine from top to bottom, excellent recruitment, positivity, going places, great plan, great infrastructure, forward thinking etc etc etc. Not having our only options be tread water or plummet to the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.