Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are gonna drive ourselves crazy looking at everyone else’s fixtures and possible results. There are so many scenarios that none of us can predict. Any team can pretty much beat any team.

The key thing is we have 27 points to play for, I’m hoping the games that are more winnable we win and the ones against the top 6 we scrape a few points. That Watford game away is massive.

Remember when it was all in our own hands with a nice healthy gap and games in hand, the longer this goes on the more we will have to rely on other results, that is a dicey game to play!

….I’m know I’m not alone in being sickened to the stomach by our situation.

i am extremely annoyed at the few posters who not only put Benitez on a pedestal, they continue to defend him & rejoiced at the sale of Digne. They are not Evertonians I can relate to any more & they continue to post on here with no contrition.

i find it increasingly difficult to visit this forum because of them. I know the vast majority on here are decent Toffees & I hope for our sakes we escape this nightmare but I fear we are past the point of no return.
I'm sorry to hear that. First and foremost, how intolerant we are of other opinions, and how little diversity one really wants in a forum. I have no need to defend Benitez, thought it would not be so bad, and the appointment was obviously wrong (However, I would have been far safer with Benitez as boss than Lampard)

That said, Benitez is gone and so is Lampard who has control. We were not six points below the relegation line, but six points above. When Lampard took over, there were still 54 points to play for.

Yes, we sold Digne, and the whole situation was comical. On the other hand, Digne has not taken Villa by storm, and some of the fans miss Matt Target. He is not the messiah that some want him to be. Instead, he appears as a self-centered player, who would go straight into the locker room of Manchester United.

We have ended up in a tragic situation, and this is primarily due to a lack of competence. It was not something that happened when Benitez was hired, but on the contrary something he was trying to change. He did not succeed, and never really had a fair chance. So the mission failed. But we were still 6 points above the relegation line when he was fired.

The fans wanted Lampard, and now they have got what they wanted.

Listening to Talksport as I do on a Saturday morning.

It’s very evident that the media are now calling these players out for a lack of desire, lack of effort and looking like they don’t give a toss. Sleepwalking to the championship.

Today they get another chance to embarrass themselves on national tv.

Just sit back, watch them cower like the embarrassing turds they are.

Prove us wrong Everton players and try not to embarrass yourselves and the fans for a change.

I'm sorry to hear that. First and foremost, how intolerant we are of other opinions, and how little diversity one really wants in a forum. I have no need to defend Benitez, thought it would not be so bad, and the appointment was obviously wrong (However, I would have been far safer with Benitez as boss than Lampard)

That said, Benitez is gone and so is Lampard who has control. We were not six points below the relegation line, but six points above. When Lampard took over, there were still 54 points to play for.

Yes, we sold Digne, and the whole situation was comical. On the other hand, Digne has not taken Villa by storm, and some of the fans miss Matt Target. He is not the messiah that some want him to be. Instead, he appears as a self-centered player, who would go straight into the locker room of Manchester United.

We have ended up in a tragic situation, and this is primarily due to a lack of competence. It was not something that happened when Benitez was hired, but on the contrary something he was trying to change. He did not succeed, and never really had a fair chance. So the mission failed. But we were still 6 points above the relegation line when he was fired.

The fans wanted Lampard, and now they have got what they wanted.

….I’m old and very tolerant of opinion. I have a view that its ok to disagree but it’s not ok to be disagreeable. The Rafatonians had no reasoned case, they invariably ended up name-calling & even chastising loyal match fans who were expressing concerns.

Benitez split the club, he spread a pox. That might have been ok if the playing side was satisfactory but his tactics were inept. He demonstrated what a poor coach he is but the real hurt was done off the pitch.

Lampard has been poor, I can’t defend his selections and some tactics but I don’t mind him. His problem is fixed ideas about how a team should play, these players don’t fit that model. He seems to be influenced by ‘busy players’ rather than effective players. Saying all that, I’m sure he’d have been fine had he been in charge from the start of the season. Benitez has produced a rot within the club that will likely see us relegated.

The club was a mess but now it’s sick, Benitez made it sick.

Last edited:

i am extremely annoyed at the few posters who not only put Benitez on a pedestal, they continue to defend him & rejoiced at the sale of Digne. They are not Evertonians I can relate to any more & they continue to post on here with no contrition.

i find it increasingly difficult to visit this forum because of them. I know the vast majority on here are decent Toffees & I hope for our sakes we escape this nightmare but I fear we are past the point of no return.
You are on about @davek who openly mocked everybody about Digne to the point of just attention seeking.

Same with a small handful of others.

Benitez was 100% the wrong choice at the start of the season and that set the rot in for the mess we are in.

This club 100% deserves the situation it finds itself in.
Bad owner.
Bad management choices (not Lampard)
Bad footballers

The people who sicken me are those who helped destabilise Everton by giving an Everton manager no chance at all to make his tenure work.

My conscience is clear.

….I’m old and very tolerant of opinion. I have a view that its ok to disagree but it’s not ok to be disagreeable. The Rafatonians had no reasoned case, they invariably ended up name-calling & even chastising loyal match fans who were expressing concerns.

Benitez split the club, he spread a pox. That might have been ok if the playing side was satisfactory but his tactics were inept. He demonstrated what a poor coach he is but the real hurt was done off the pitch.

Lampard has been poor, I can’t defend his selections and some tactics but I don’t mind him. His problem is fixed ideas about how a team should play, these players don’t fit that model. He seems to be influenced by ‘busy players’ rather than effective players. Saying all that, I’m sure he’d have been fine had he been in charge from the start of the season. Benitez has produced a rot within the club that will likely see us relegated.

The club was a mess but now it’s sick, Benitez made it sick.
It was sick before Benítez arrived. Years of mismanagement have caused deep-rooted problems and hiring a divisive manager like him was just another nail in the coffin.

I find your assertion that those who disagreed with you resorted to name calling laughable given that you're calling them "Rafatonians". Both sides were awful. You're part of that. We all were.

The people who sicken me are those who helped destabilise Everton by giving an Everton manager no chance at all to make his tenure work.

My conscience is clear.
Digne is French.

The French people are unlike Brits.

When there is wrongdoing, they speak out against it or go to the streets to protest.

Brits just get behind the establishment, like lame bootlickers, just as you did by Backing Benitez.

I expect you are also a big fan of the monarchy and Boris Johnson.

Digne was sold for calling out the establishment, you backed it.

For me we just need Burnley and Watford to lose every week. Honestly don’t care if they playing Leeds etc. I would be over the moon we finish 17th. Just stay in the league. But why do we get our hopes up with this club.
The only flaw in that one is they have to play each other. They can't both lose that one.

If Leeds lose today (to Watford), Burnley win against Norwich and we lose to Utd the we are bottom 3. I wouldn't even be thinking about Leeds at the moment.

My only hope is the pressure gets to Burnley and Watford regardless of our result today.
They are more used to the pressure of these situations than our characterless over paid fancy dressed cowards.

If it comes down to which team folds under the pressure then I’m without any hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.