Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good thing is Wolves have still got a chance of Europe haven’t they?

They sort of have but they blew that 2 goal lead v Leeds aswell so not actually in that great run of form. Neves out is massive blow although Jimenez will be back.

Will be a low scoring game for sure. Burnley will obviously be targeting Southampton at home and Watford away as must wins.

They're actually unbeaten in last 5-6 games v Wolves (got a 0-0 in the away game in December) so they tend to match up o.k in that one. Wolves missing Neves and were really poor at Newcastle last match. Southampton very random team.

I think they'll get 4 points. Them winning both would be bit of a disaster given they'll still have Watford, Villa twice and Newcastle after that.

We'll see in 7 days.
Wolves are a very strong side defensively and Burnley don’t create
Many chances. So will be tough for them, Southampton went on a pod run, but proved yesterday, they’re a sold team. I doubt them 2 gift Burnley the chances we do

Wolves are a very strong side defensively and Burnley don’t create
Many chances. So will be tough for them, Southampton went on a pod run, but proved yesterday, they’re a sold team. I doubt them 2 gift Burnley the chances we do

Wolves conceded 3 to Leeds with one of the worst defensive halves by any prem team all season recently. I do take your point though, they are a very tough team to break down when 1 up as we saw at Goodison as they know how to kill games.

Could say the same about Palace and Brentford though. Brentford's form has been incredible since Eriksen turned up and Palace really made Chelsea work to score today and are in tidy home form.

Someone said earlier team wouldn't lose another game at Goodison this season....four draws would still mean a big risk of relegation unless there's an away win or two in the offing.

Wolves conceded 3 to Leeds with one of the worst defensive halves by any prem team all season recently. I do take your point though, they are a very tough team to break down when 1 up as we saw at Goodison as they know how to kill games.

Could say the same about Palace and Brentford though. Brentford's form has been incredible since Eriksen turned up and Palace really made Chelsea work to score today and are in tidy home form.

Someone said earlier team wouldn't lose another game at Goodison this season....four draws would still mean a big risk of relegation unless there's an away win or two in the offing.
More in hope than expectation, but we'll consign Watford to the drop and in doing so more or less guarantee our safety.
A bit of poetic justice maybe as it was the reverse fixture that created the crap storm we've been in.

Status
Not open for further replies.