Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves conceded 3 to Leeds with one of the worst defensive halves by any prem team all season recently. I do take your point though, they are a very tough team to break down when 1 up as we saw at Goodison as they know how to kill games.

Could say the same about Palace and Brentford though. Brentford's form has been incredible since Eriksen turned up and Palace really made Chelsea work to score today and are in tidy home form.

Someone said earlier team wouldn't lose another game at Goodison this season....four draws would still mean a big risk of relegation unless there's an away win or two in the offing.
Did you watch the Leeds game? They didn’t have a shot on target till wolves went down to 10 men. Really it should have already game over as wolves should have been 4 up. They battered Leeds for an hour. Ok once Leeds got 1 they went all out, because that’s the only way they can play. Burnley don’t play like that.

And palace now out, could deflate them for the rest of the season

We've got a small chance of catching Leeds up to put pressure on them
Don't think Leeds matter one way or the other anymore. We might get above them if results fall in our favour. But after today, looks very much as if Burnley are doomed. That penalty miss pretty much ended their season :)

We've got a small chance of catching Leeds up to put pressure on them

mate it’s just us and burnley and no other team

Unreal line of thought.

I guarantee if we beat Leicester on Wednesday you'll both look at the table and take those statements back.

Two points behind with a game in hand - and they really do have the type of run in that we're supposed to be having.

Those Tykes will be bricking it on Wednesday night...they'll be looking at our game with as much concern as we were looking at that Burnley game today.

More than enough chances to win that, but a draw isn’t too

mate it’s just us and burnley and no other team

Don't think Leeds matter one way or the other anymore. We might get above them if results fall in our favour. But after today, looks very much as if Burnley are doomed. That penalty miss pretty much ended their season :)
Not so sure. Burnley's fixtures are much more favourable than Leeds (and Everton's). Burnley may get a new manager 'bounce' as well. Need to keep Leeds involved as much as possible by getting 3 points on Wednesday.

Unreal line of thought.

I guarantee if we beat Leicester on Wednesday you'll both look at the table and take those statements back.

Two points behind with a game in hand - and they really do have the type of run in that we're supposed to be having.

Those Tykes will be bricking it on Wednesday night...they'll be looking at our game with as much concern as we were looking at that Burnley game today.
Absolutely

Until all games have been played nothing can be ruled out but Burnley have shown all season, and even recently (except for the favour we gave them), that they can't win games very easily. 4 wins in 31. No way they are going to win 4 in 7 so at best I see 3 wins for them and even that's unlikely.

I think 10 points for them at best now putting them on 35. So we'd need 35 or 36 to stay up.

8 points should see us safe or more simply 3 wins.

Palace, Brentford, Leicester: all teams with absolutley f.a. to play for...and I'd throw Chelsea in there too as they are top 4 safe but not going to catch City or Liverpool.

The Gods are smiling on us at last.
I hope you're right mate, hopefully mina will settle the back line. DCL to score will also take some pressure off his shoulders..
Just need to keep that tempo on the pitch and in the crowd at goodison

Didn't he miss that sitter against Norwich too?

FFS, imagine having him in the team.

jrg9ale5lh071.gif
Take McNeil in a heartbeat...Strangly wasn't starting under Dyche.

Good results for us this weekend, yes it would have been better had West Ham beaten Burnley, but, the Hammers looked shattered, Burnley missed a penalty and could only manage a point after being ahead. I think it speaks volumes about Burnley as a team, they are no more likely to pick up wins on the road than we are, draws are no good to them at this stage because, unlike them, we are always likely to get something from our home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.