Remembering Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Moyes was back when I was watching the second half yesterday.
TBF RM did not have all 11 players in the 18 yard box - he tried to play the game out with possession football, and failed by 6 minutes - I agree it was a frustrating tactic! - he will learn from that hopefully plus points were two great goals!

Last edited:
TBF RM did not have all 11 players in the 18 yard box - he tried tio play the game out with possession football, and failed by 6 minutes - I agree it was a frustrating tactic! - he will learn from that hopefully plus points were two great goals!

The game was a bit similar to the Norwich away game last year. We scored beautiful goals through attacking play but shipped out needless goals via some sloopy school boy defending. Then again, we failed to kill the game off with another goal. Likewise, we just cannot handle Championship style hoof ball.

Moyes interview in the Mail this weekend is a shocking piece of journalism. It's as if it was published whilst still in draft form. I appreciate that in circumstances like this a journalist is going to go easy on him - but the re-writing of history is a joke. For example the way Moyes talks about his track record promoting youth at Everton etc.

Nailed on to be the next West Ham manager.

Moyes, took us from dross to quality in a few years, kept us there whilst those around spent massive funds but could never take us the next step... Martinez = the next step in our evolution back to the Grand old team we know and love and miss.
Moyes whilst to many was an abomination, was in fact an essential step to our revival, I can think of very few managers in his time that could of done the job he did and I am grateful that we got him, and that he did what he did for us whilst he was here.

Could of left earlier, but ultimately even in leaving, gave us 27mil for a player Martinez replaced with ease.

That being said, since he left.. massive c***.

People really have forgotten just how bad we were when he took over though.

Moyes, took us from dross to quality in a few years, kept us there whilst those around spent massive funds but could never take us the next step... Martinez = the next step in our evolution back to the Grand old team we know and love and miss.
Moyes whilst to many was an abomination, was in fact an essential step to our revival, I can think of very few managers in his time that could of done the job he did and I am grateful that we got him, and that he did what he did for us whilst he was here.

Could of left earlier, but ultimately even in leaving, gave us 27mil for a player Martinez replaced with ease.

When he took over we were in a terrible state.
walter smith had all that money to spend and was one of the worst managers in our history.
I really believe moyes kept us in this league and we have a lot to thank him for.

Excellent post. Spot on IMO.

From expecting to lose every week, waiting for a relegation battle every year...to building an exciting team, with exciting players who year on year were challanging near the top of the table was a massive improvement. In a time where cash became king and we/moyes didn't have any moyes was massive to where we are now.

Because of that I can't hate the guy or forget what he did. Even if he (intentionally or not) turned heel when he left.

Right guy....right time. Just like Roberto now!

Excellent post. Spot on IMO.

From expecting to lose every week, waiting for a relegation battle every year...to building an exciting team, with exciting players who year on year were challanging near the top of the table was a massive improvement. In a time where cash became king and we/moyes didn't have any moyes was massive to where we are now.

Because of that I can't hate the guy or forget what he did. Even if he (intentionally or not) turned heel when he left.

Right guy....right time. Just like Roberto now!

Exciting players but as far as you can get from exciting football.

Exciting players but as far as you can get from exciting football.

Mate anything was exciting from what we'd watched thru the 90's.

It's a myth that moyes played boring football. History is starting to be re-written and him labeled as Big Sam, which moyes's football was never like that. It also got better as did his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back