Remembrance Sunday..

Status
Not open for further replies.
At The Cenotaph : Siegfried Sassoon

I saw the Prince of Darkness, with his Staff,
Standing bare-headed by the Cenotaph:
Unostentatious and respectful, there
He stood, and offered up the following prayer.
'Make them forget, O Lord, what this Memorial
Means; their discredited ideas revive;
Breed new belief that War is purgatorial
Proof of the pride and power of being alive;
Men's biologic urge to readjust
The Map of Europe, Lord of Hosts, increase;
Lift up their hearts in large destructive lust;
And crown their heads with blind vindictive Peace.'
The Prince of Darkness to the Cenotaph
Bowed. As he walked away I heard him laugh.

if that's your perception it's not for me to question you.... personally I saw a man lay a wreath and bowing his head respectfully.
I'm in agreement. I'd understand criticism if there was no gesture, but to be faffing about the degree of bow for me, is infantile.

They died for the freedom for people to choose and disagree.

For the media to be free to argue over things. For people to choose whether or not they want to read about such things.

They died so Corbyn was free to be disrespectful if that's what he believes is right. And they died so that we may criticise him for such actions.

No the poor millions died because the incompetent upper class idiots around Europe couldn't stop arguing amongst themselves. The in-bred teds.

World War 1 was a farce and World War 2 was a direct result of British/French bumbling that let a maniac take root in Germany.

I can't stand how people try and glorify things retrospectively. The world wars were horrific. That's the end of it in my book.

Society has naturally evolved to the point where we respect personal freedom and liberty.

Last edited:
No he gave a slight nod, barely perceptible plus did not sing the anthem just moved his lips. Corbyn is a disgraceful excuse for a human being.

Everyone should be free to pay their respects in their own way.

As for the anthem - many people find it to be a pretty unpleasant little jingle.

Whatever happened to personal freedoms in your world?

Society needs leaders like Corbyn to at least put forward alternative viewpoints. Whether you agree or not isn't the issue. It's healthy for democracy to have the major political parties offering different ideologies. God help us if we ever have to go back to the three shades of Tory blue.

Interesting that there had clearly been a discussed agenda to use this event to discredit someone. Horrible disrespect and lack of compassion

Agree completely. As I said above I think Corbyn is incredibly important to our democracy at the moment given the over-whelming might of the right-wing media set against a possible long-term Tory government.

Actually the fact they've not outed Corbyn beyond his fling with Diane Abbot is saying something.

Agree completely. As I said above I think Corbyn is incredibly important to our democracy at the moment given the over-whelming might of the right-wing media set against a possible long-term Tory government.

Actually the fact they've not outed Corbyn beyond his fling with Diane Abbot is saying something.
Yeah I've no real opinion on Corbyn beyond him clearly being a sincere person. If the debate was to broaden in this country to allow common sense social democrat views then it had to be someone free from Blairs mistakes and accusations of hypocrisy.

Political point-scoring firmly to one side, nice one to any GOT members who showed up at St George's plateau yesterday. It's always a great turnout, but considering the toilet weather yesterday, it was especially touching to see the crowds undiminished and in typically fine fettle.

Political point-scoring firmly to one side, nice one to any GOT members who showed up at St George's plateau yesterday. It's always a great turnout, but considering the toilet weather yesterday, it was especially touching to see the crowds undiminished and in typically fine fettle.
Me and the missus took the little one to the Hamilton Square one.

Badly Wirral now me.

@bluemangroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back