• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Richarlison at Spurs

Spurs fans nea if he goes.

I don't think he was ever realistically going to be good enough for a top 6 Premier League club tbh. Never been a consistent slotter and work rate is and always will be his best attribute, that's great for clubs like us but it's not going to cut it at better clubs without goals/assists to go alongside it. On top of this, he has been in a steady decline since the first season we signed him, although part of the reason for that will be the club as a whole going into decline.

Should have gone somewhere like Italy and played for one of the Milan clubs or something, maybe Roma... I think that's his absolute peak, wouldn't be surprised if he went on Loan there in January. Maybe Saudi will come calling.

Same, ask yourself this, will spurs get 60m for him?
In the context of the market it wasn't a great price though? Many players go for way over the top money even if they're not as good or in form as he was for us - he was a proper talisman here. Realistically we were probably unable to push the price as we genuinely needed the money anyway.

Now he's a deprecated asset all things considered, won't cost as much, not in a good run of form and doesn't fit Tottingham at all - these things happen, doesn't make the player lesser, many examples of this through the game, and even between us and Tottenham - Pienaar is a great example how someone fits the team/playstyle here but is bog standard for other teams in the same league. Salah is another one - a very average player who was not even liked at Chelsea, but did well in Italy and is now living his best most doped up life at the neighbours, etc.

Still believe, or rather hope, he turns it around, nevermind for who and where. Just a likeable lad.. and also a full Brazil international starter who scores quite a lot there.

Also Kenwright was firmly in Levy's back pocket for negotiations which he no doubt meddled with for this too - we just can't win with them. In the above example - we sold Pienaar for 3m, he barely played, we loaned him (with a fee IIRC) and then bought him back for 4.5m. A player who didn't want to be there, openly said he wants to come back and all, and we still paid more lol

I think his workload had finally caught up with him by the time he’d moved, didn’t half put himself through a lot of matches / competitions.
Maybe his recent absence due to injury will have given him the break I think his body was demanding.
Think he’s boss personally, agree he’s not R9 in terms of goal scoring but 20 goals in 48 games for Brazil isn’t to be sniffed at.

Some things are just made to be.

FR6EvS6X0AAtY0f.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back