• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Richarlison at Spurs

I’ve been thinking about the video a few times today. Worldwide, suicide is the fourth leading cause of death among 15–29-year-olds.

Here in the UK, suicide is the biggest killer of people under the age of 35, and the biggest killer of men under the age of 50.

It is the leading cause of death in the UK for 10-19 year olds. Let’s also not forgot that 76% of all suicides are men, so it’s a real problem.

This whole stigma of not talking about our feelings needs to end right now. I’ve lost too many friends to suicide.

Anyone who questions what Richy has said can k’off.
Rates are even worse in the LGBTQ community. In the US, men complete suicide at a much higher rate due to using more violent methods (guns), but women attempt suicide more frequently.

Please reach out to family, friends, healthcare professionals, crisis lines if you need help. You are cared about and valued!

And, I’ve totally taken this off topic.

Love ya Richy! Come home!

Bless him. In a strange way, it makes me think that all we are is that 3lb of mush inside your skull, the body is just a vehicle to carry it around. You can have everything and not want to be here, yet you can have nothing and be the brightest, happiest bulb in the room. A huge tip of the cap Richy lad.
I left 3lbs of my mush in yer mar’s skull last week lad

(Only joking, generic GOT go to line so I couldn’t miss the opportunity, apologies)

Rates are even worse in the LGBTQ community. In the US, men complete suicide at a much higher rate due to using more violent methods (guns), but women attempt suicide more frequently.

Please reach out to family, friends, healthcare professionals, crisis lines if you need help. You are cared about and valued!

And, I’ve totally taken this off topic.

Love ya Richy! Come home!

he’s not retiring to brazil yet!

Powerful stuff. We are all guilty of it, but it does make you think how fans treat some players, especially if they are out of form or have a poor game. We just don't know what has happened to them privately, what they are going through.

On a related note, Full Swing in Netflix, the 'inside the ropes' golf series has an episode that deals with mental health showing how easily things can spiral out of control and how it affects those close by.

Mental health affects everyone, it doesn't care what job you are in, who you are and more importantly how much money you have, it is great to see Richarlison speaking so honestly and open about the struggles.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back