Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked a great find earlier on in the season and many people were raving about him. If he signs, don’t worry about the fee, get behind him. Spurs are about to splash out between 30/40mil on Jack Grealish ffs and people moaning about the price for Richarlison.
Just hasn't sunk in yet that we are a billionaire club,50 million is buttons.

I’ll take Silva’s judgement over other club’s fans. Who knew Watford games were so popular? Seems that every fan in the country knows Richarlison’s game inside-out.
We could sign neymar and still people would find some reason not to like it. It’s sad really

I never knew that Richarlison didn't have a break prior to joining Watford last season. That might explain why is form dropped off after November. He's very young and clearly talented. Very excited if this comes off.

Think it's even more extreme as believe he was involved in some under 20s tournament prior so basically 2 years without a decent break

Just hasn't sunk in yet that we are a billionaire club,50 million is buttons.

The tv money in the game now alone is reasons for clubs spending big money, over paying but people need to realise its the going rate now. We’ve been used to spending little to no money for last 25 years, now we’ve got the money to spend, people still moan. Championship teams are spending big money now, it was only few years ago people were moaning about Swansea and them clubs spending more than us.

Right. Because there's loads of players who wouldn't drop off after playing more than a full season without even a week's break, right?

Yeh not so worried about flat lining at his age (21), and after Bury game, it's obvious we will struggle to score currently! His price seem to in context with what's going on elsewhere. Them over the road just shifted thier 4th choice keeper for £12.5 million.

Last edited:

I'm more concerned at how it's an obvious panic buy at this point. If we were seriously interested in Richarlison we would have went and got him earlier. It's obviously more of a case of us having absolutely no clue what we're doing and scrambling around after Plan A, B, C and so on fell through and we're now down to around Plan S.

He was deeply unimpressive at the tail end of last season. We're overpaying, obviously, in the hope that it was a blip and he'll come good.

It's not as obvious a bad buy as Bolasie was though - that was obviously stupid from the moment it was suggested and should never have happened. I think signing Richarlison is a genuine 50/50 situation where it could as easily come good as go spectacularly bad.

If he signs, I'm prepared to give him a full season before passing judgement either way.

Given the situation with Watford and us mate, no chance on earth this has been a quick deal to sort out, thus doesn't really suggest a panic buy, more like one that needed a lot of time and repairing the clubs relationship to get it over the line.

Right. Because there's loads of players who wouldn't drop off after playing more than a full season without even a week's break, right?
You’re missing my point. Players’ valuations are based on form. When he fails to score for the last 6 months of the season then he ceases to be worth over £30m. For example, Jelavic looked like he was worth a fortune after his first 4 months at Everton. 12 months later he’s worth very little because his form was awful. That’s how it works normally.

Given the situation with Watford and us mate, no chance on earth this has been a quick deal to sort out, thus doesn't really suggest a panic buy, more like one that needed a lot of time and repairing the clubs relationship to get it over the line.

We'd have heard about it before now. Given the acrimony, if this was long in the tooth it'd have been leaked by someone for sure.

I'm 99% certain this is something that has developed within the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back