Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to see him play as the centre forward. Everything i see in him screams number 9 at me.
Can't see that happening in the PL.
I'd play him at 9 against City on the counter with Sig and Bernard, but that'd be about it. Maybe Arsenal.
Definitely not against teams that are going to sit back. He won't get the space like El Salvador
He's seems most effective when he's got a bit of space/area to move in and he takes players on.
He'll get more of that up the wing, moving into the half space and moving into the box rather than being positioned there.
And he'll have Digne overlapping to continue the movement/be an option out wide.
Unless there is a massive improvement in opening up the space in and around the box and better overall service to the CF it would be a waste to have him there.
And obviously you'd have to do that without him.
They key at the moment (besides defending set pieces) is to improve the right side as undoubtly the left has already been done.

Can't see that happening in the PL.
I'd play him at 9 against City on the counter with Sig and Bernard, but that'd be about it. Maybe Arsenal.
Definitely not against teams that are going to sit back. He won't get the space like El Salvador
He's seems most effective when he's got a bit of space/area to move in and he takes players on.
He'll get more of that up the wing, moving into the half space and moving into the box rather than being positioned there.
And he'll have Digne overlapping to continue the movement/be an option out wide.
Unless there is a massive improvement in opening up the space in and around the box and better overall service to the CF it would be a waste to have him there.
And obviously you'd have to do that without him.
They key at the moment (besides defending set pieces) is to improve the right side as undoubtly the left has already been done.
Jamie Vardy seems to have made a living as a striker who plays off the shoulder and runs in behind. Richarlison has a more well rounded game than Vardy. I fail to see why he can't.

Jamie Vardy seems to have made a living as a striker who plays off the shoulder and runs in behind. Richarlison has a more well rounded game than Vardy. I fail to see why he can't.
The way Leicester played, with Mahrez, Vardy is nothing like where the Blues are at the moment.
Not saying he can't play 9.
If we were playing El Salvador on the weekend with a Neymar on the left and couple more of the Brazillian first team, sure why wouldn't ya.

Both his goals for Brazil came from a wide position. Can keep him on the left, he'll still score loads. Although moving him in the middle, helps with bringing, Bernard or Lookman into the team.

Sharpey has been on TalkSPORT this morning talking about Richarlison. All the presenters were asking him “How long do you think he’ll stay?” “Are Everton big enough to keep him?” Etc etc.

Can’t stand the media. We’re not even out of September and they’re trying to sell our best player!!!! Utter scum!!! Sharpey didn’t even shrug it off. Such a small time mentality in this club from top to bottom.

Sharpey has been on TalkSPORT this morning talking about Richarlison. All the presenters were asking him “How long do you think he’ll stay?” “Are Everton big enough to keep him?” Etc etc.

Can’t stand the media. We’re not even out of September and they’re trying to sell our best player!!!! Utter scum!!! Sharpey didn’t even shrug it off. Such a small time mentality in this club from top to bottom.

Six weeks ago we’d broken the market by wasting a fortune on him and fast forward a couple of games we’re going to struggle to hang on to him . Who can be bothered with the the media these days .

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/ambitious-richarlison-sees-everton-as-a-stepping-stone

...and so it begins...

Personally don't see anything wrong with what he said, just usual media scum twisting his words.
I'd be disappointed in the lad if he said anything different. The stand out comment for me was that he wants to win something at Everton. It's almost like he expects to achieve nothing less. Sounds like a winner. Just gutted that I'm going to the game on Sunday (2nd game in eleven years) and isn't going to be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back