Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave is banging on all week about Brands failure to address the striker need
Yes its important
But
Thus guy plus the fact that Cenk was scoring at the back end last season says the imperative was elsewhere
Whuch brands addressed

You need to take a long hard look at your life!

Responding to a post that involves Davek :pint2:

How can anyone put Richarlison down to anyone else other than Silva? Go back and see the comments from the pair when they linked up for Watford: they both underlined that if Silva, the Portuguese speaking PL coach wasn't there then the deal probably wouldn't have happened.
I never put it down to Brands you MERT
I am saying .... if you can read anything you didnt write yoursrlf .... that Brands did not fail in the summer
The presence of Richarlison up front made it less important to bring in another strker than to shore up our crappy defence

You can see why they probably thought striker wasn’t as high a priority as other areas.

We are clearly moving in the right direction. All of the players who have come in have improved the team immensely. And what’s most encouraging is that the players signed by previous regimes and kept on are all performing well too.

I’m really, really optimistic about this side.

Is everything perfect? No. But, to choose to pick out faults after a second half like that suggests that you should follow a different game.

I never put it down to Brands you MERT
I am saying .... if you can read anything you didnt write yoursrlf .... that Brands did not fail in the summer
The presence of Richarlison up front made it less important to bring in another strker than to shore up our crappy defence
No. Just no. When the window opens in January we need a striker to get in here and snap up chances created.

He has this weird reputation people give him as some really temperamental moody winger who will react to any provocation. He works really hard and gets some really rough treatment form the oppo. He's only ever reacted once because some little kopite knobhead was goading him and then hit the floor after they touched heads.

Hard work + genuine quality is a rare trait and I'm made up he's ours. Sniff it Merson.

No. Just no. When the window opens in January we need a striker to get in here and snap up chances created.

dave
I agree I totally agree we need a pure striker
But Brands IS NOT A failure because he didnt sign one in the summer
His remit was reduce squad size and improve the squad quality
That has been done
The club has a bettef feel about it
The manager was supported in buying Richarlison who many doubted after his last performance at Watford ..... yes Brands must have had to green light that no matter what Silva said
Between them after a few months with the squad improving weekly they know what is needed
And I agree
A pure striker Is Needed
Cenk no
DCL getting better
Oumar ... no comment
If they dont attempt to sign a striker thus winter then yes
Brands is culpable and I will wear a humble pie Hair shirt

dave
I agree I totally agree we need a pure striker
But Brands IS NOT A failure because he didnt sign one in the summer
His remit was reduce squad size and improve the squad quality
That has been done
The club has a bettef feel about it
The manager was supported in buying Richarlison who many doubted after his last performance at Watford ..... yes Brands must have had to green light that no matter what Silva said
Between them after a few months with the squad improving weekly they know what is needed
And I agree
A pure striker Is Needed
Cenk no
DCL getting better
Oumar ... no comment
If they dont attempt to sign a striker thus winter then yes
Brands is culpable and I will wear a humble pie Hair shirt

Look at what you are doing, evaluate your life.

With respect fellow bluenose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back