Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myopic pundits who I think feel annoyed about us splashing the cash.

Paul Merson has many chips on his shoulder about us. One of them is with Silva, because he made him look stupid after he slated Hull for appointing him and then they went on a good run of results. Another is us making him look stupid by getting knocked out the FA Cup at home to Leicester about 3 hours after he’d predicted us to win the competition. He’s despised us since then.

Vernon is who I think of when Siggy scores from a pull back. Roy used to wait on the edge of the box for the pull back from ,usually the left wing(Ring in particular) and usually slotted with ease. Only difference is that Siggy is on the move when he receives the pass.

Cheers friend, also our Roy was very good at rounding the keeper to slot home!!

Also a penalty taker without compare.

Said it for weeks when everyone was moaning about the results that we couldn't judge until Silva got his signings on the pitch first and foremost.

I guess it isn't too farfetched to say that each player coming in has been a massive improvement so far. Gomes better than Schneiderlin, zouma better than jagielka, digne better than baines and richarldson a better option than bolasie at the very least. Even Bernard is much better than Rooney was last season, plus it's early days with him.

Point is, Silva managing allardyce team from last season was crap, as it was last season. Silva getting his team together and we improve. We have massive potential as we rebuild, richarldson being a prime example here. Much better quality that will improve even further in the future as brands works his magic.

Finally an exciting time to be a blue after last season , we just need to curb our expectations and enjoy the football in the meantime
Only beaten the dross so far though, until we start beating the top sides nothing has changed. Next week is a big test.

I really enjoyed the 1st goal as it came from their corner, it's years since we have been allowed to break with pace and cause mayhem in the opposition half.
We scored something like 10 seconds after Brighton took the corner.
Fat Sam or Koeman would have had us lumping it away inviting pressure straight back on.

Only beaten the dross so far though, until we start beating the top sides nothing has changed. Next week is a big test.
Nothing will change in the short term based on that.

We are changing everything top to bottom so it will take time. I guess that was my final point , don't get hung up on getting beat by the usual suspects until the whole teams mentality changes. United proved we are approaching the games much more positively so early days.

Watched Chelsea/Palace today with next week in mind. Not forecasting the result but if we play as well as yesterday,we will give them a very tough game. Firstly, if Barkley starts ,based on his hour today before he was hooked,he will pass the ball to us at least 8 times,and we have the players to take advantage of that. We also know he is shy of a tackle. Unfortunately I think he'll be benched for next week and we will have Hazard to contend with,and we will have Mina playing his first Prem game,a difficult start for him.A lot depends on him settling in early doors. In fact a lot will depend on how well we defend,because I think in attack we are more than a match for the Chelsea defence. The game will not define our season, but it might tell Silva how far down the road to change we have gone. I predict a tight game, with lots of tough tackling, so we need the calm heads to be influential. Looking forward to this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back